• Subscribe
  • Tips for Trans-techies

Valorie Jones
    4 replies
    Do you have a story about being trans, gender non-conforming, or LGBT in the tech space? Do you have advice or resource for other trans-folk and allies in the startup/tech sphere? What is your company doing? #transdayofvisibility

Replies

Valorie Jones
    When I lived in the northern California, I was part of a trans support group with engineers from all the big major companies (Google, nVidia, LinkedIn, etc). While this was a very small sample set, it seemed like most of the big companies were accepting of the LGBT community. I still think there is a long way we have to with health insurance companies and trans medical care - which is something companies should push for. I think there is a high proportion of trans folk in the tech industry, but we are mostly hidden away in back rooms and not customer facing. We need to find ways to increase diversity and inclusion across all parts of the company.
    Stephen
    This is a great question @val_jones I would love to see some answers to this question, because there is no enough talk about these topics in the tech world. I was impressed that NCR held a seminar about transgender this week with Microsoft and others large tech organizations participating. That is a good sign!
    Andrea Aceves
    The part of trans that I find so phenomenal is how people are evolutionizing just like technology is, some might not understand how or why the world is always changing, but it certainly is evolutionary.