• Subscribe
  • Tips for marketing a SaaS with a full time job?

Ryan Baker
    4 replies
    I have a side project I'm hoping to bootstrap and slowly grow into my full time job over the next few years. I'm at the point where I need to start marketing it, but the first steps that come to mind are to use my professional network. Unfortunately, I cannot do that without alerting the CEO and management of my current company that I am pursuing another project, and would like to avoid doing that. Any suggestions for marketing outside of using my personal professional network?

Replies

Jose Rodríguez
    Focus on your target audience
    Denise Norões
    Would using an external provider help you with that?
    Gianluca Cinellu
    Before doing anything, if you're still in the early stages, try to validate the idea releasing an MVP on platforms like ProductHunt and BetaList. If you still have to start building, consider putting online a landing page and trying to gather the emails of interested potential customers, then interview them. There are more resources and indiehackers has a dedicated "starting" section that lays down the answers to most of these questions. There is also quite some literature on how to build effectives and low cost "go-to market" strategies, but if you're new to the concept of lean marketing, indiehackers is the best place to start. You can do it hush hush, no need to alert anyone. Plus, if you need a boilerplate, you can use PullTheCode (wink wink)
    Referral Rocket
    Use your network and their network. Referral marketing is rewarding your customers to bring in new customers. Start an affiliate program. Check us out!