• Subscribe
  • Tips for boosting creativity

How to support creativity in simple ways? 1. Surround yourself with creative company. 2. Give yourself limitations – help yourself by asking questions: What would I do if I had a smaller budget, one banner, one post, etc.? 3. Drink enough fluids – 1% dehydration causes a 12% decrease in creativity. 4. Change the environment and perform automatic stereotypical activities (after a while you will find that you are bored and need to think of something). 5. Make lists of all your ideas for inspiration and to clear your head. Do you like my posts? I would appreciate it if you follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=busmark_w_nika

Replies

Max Kotin
    These days I find boosting creativity is easy. I just ask ChatGPT to do something creative - write 30 crazy names for a company, suggest 10 creative ways of doing X, find Y creative ways of solving problem Y :)
    Max Kotin
    @busmark_w_nika Actually, it did! At least we couldn't come up with anything better. Although we have a few months till the launch so we keep thinking... But so far our star copywriter named ChatGPT is winning
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @max_kotin Did ChatGPT help you to make up a good name for the company? Are you planning to use any of them? :-)
    Yavuz Tunc Emran
    Encourage people to ask questions like 'why does it work this way? and 'what if we tried something different?' to inspire creativity.
    @tunc_emran The second question is typical for disruptors, I like it that way, because doubting can lead to better ideas. 😃
    Matthew
    Networking with individuals that add value to your work is key!
    @rednevada Can you recommend me some networking events (both online and offline)? :-)
    Matthew
    @busmark_w_nika I tend to use online topics on LinkedIn and events on things like eventbrite and meetup that are focused on topics my target customer would be interested in
    Elena Tsemirava
    Also you need to approach creativity systematically. I mean creativity as any other complex task demands the sequential execution of specific actions. That is, for example, collecting information, analyzing it, systematizing it, processing it, and obtaining the desired result.
    Alexandru Muresan
    I love the list. I'd add breathing to that. Something simple like just bringing your attention and counting 4 in 4 out for a minute helps clear the clutter for me. Alos def already following on twitter. We finally launched too!
    @zencheetah OK, congrats on the launch! How did your PH launch go?
    Alexandru Muresan
    @busmark_w_nika thanks. It went well considering we didn’t spend too much time on PH
    Dennis Aronov
    Surrounding yourself with other creatives is so important! It just gets the creative juices flowing for everyone!
    Launching soon!
    Take a break. Sometimes, the best way to get creative is to step away from your work and let your mind wander. Go for a walk, listen to music, or do something else that you enjoy.
    @qudsia_ali Yeah, sport is my side activity to switch off from work. Then, I am more productive.
    Rukhsar Amjad
    Collaborate with others. Bouncing ideas off of other people can be a great way to spark creativity. Talk to your friends, colleagues, or even strangers about what you're working on.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    Consume inspiring content. Read books, watch movies, or listen to podcasts that inspire you. The more exposure you have to new ideas, the more likely you are to be creative yourself.
    @hamza_afzal_butt Which book or movie would you recommend me. Some good one? :-)
    Jake Harrison
    I think the best way is talking to your users. One people always has own limit, but more people can get rid of it.
    @jakeharr What useful tips did you get from your users? :-)
    Dave-Anthony Smith
    Go outside, talk to people, frequent cafes. You'll be amazed at the things you learn and the things that come to you when you just move away from your screen.
    Rohan Pathak
    I don't practice any specific way but I like to just go out and meet you with my notebook and a pen and think about all the constraints that I'm having in my business right now. Then I tried to come up with different ways to solve the problem based on the constraints!
    @persuasionkid Isn't it difficult to create something when you are plugged to the internet? I mean, I am a little bit distracted and tend to procrastinate. The only way for me is to leave me smartphone or laptop at home, and go outside with electronics to concentrate on something. :-D
    Rohan Pathak
    @busmark_w_nika absolutely right! I become too distracted when I'm spending too much time on the laptop trying to come up with new ideas and creating new stuff I need a walk in the nature to refresh my mind and come up with new creative ideas
    @persuasionkid I can relate! :-D
    Nico Marquez
    Having a clean, comfortable working environment.
    @namquez Do you use any techniques or tools to have clean working environment. Not only the physical but also that software.
    Nico Marquez
    @busmark_w_nika oh hmm, i was only thinking about the physical environment, but you bring up a good point - having a clean virtual environment on your desktop/phone is definetly helpful too. one thing i do use for organization is google calendar, probably the best way to keep track of a busy week.
    Nick Stein
    One keyone Exercise. Your brain focuses on the activity and creativity flows from there.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    Phone in another room - Old school timer on the desk and work in sprints.