• Subscribe
  • Time Management Tools

Reynard Matthew Yaputra
    10 replies
    Hi, guys! I currently building a time (task) management tool. I feel like it's rare to see simple task management tools that record your task most simply. It's also annoying how prioritizing can be a pain in the ass for me and some of the people. So, I make a simple task management tool with AI prioritization. I want to ask for suggestions about what other things you want/you should see in task management tools. Feel free to drop it in here and I will try to incorporate them as best as I possibly could.

Replies

Harold Gary
    What about these additional features? * Customizable Task Categories: Allows users to group tasks into categories or labels (e.g., urgent, not so urgent) to stay organized. * Progress Tracking: Includes a feature for users to estimate the time required for each task and track progress based on time spent. * Deadlines and Reminders: Enables users to set deadlines for tasks with optional reminders or notifications to help them stay on track. * Subtasks: Offers the option to break large tasks into smaller, more manageable subtasks. * Collaboration Features: If applicable, users can share tasks or projects with others for collaborative work. * Pomodoro Integration: Adds Pomodoro timers to help users focus on tasks and improve productivity. BTW, if you have a blog on your website, could you also mention other time management tools and software? For example, iBoysoft MagicMenu (https://iboysoft.com/magic-menu/) can save you the hassle of managing files on macOS Finder. This software provides Windows-style right-click functionality with a wide range of customization options. With a simple right-click, you can create new files, move or copy them, copy file paths, find and delete duplicate files, open items such as documents, apps, and web links, permanently erase files, and perform many other tasks.
    Reynard Matthew Yaputra
    @harold_gary thanks for the insights, will keep them in my list for later.
    Simon🍋
    Try Todoist or ClickUp for task management. RescueTime's good for tracking where your time actually goes.
    Reynard Matthew Yaputra
    @simonas_kauzonas thanks for the advice. But, what I meant is what features should I add in my time management tools that you think become your struggle when using other task management tools?
    Simon🍋
    @gashmod_rey I apologize for my mistake. I'm curious to find out what tool you're currently developing and the features you already have. Personally, I've found RescueTime's time tracking really useful - it shows you where you've spent your time. Todoist is also great because it has a template for the GTD (Getting Things Done) method, which I always use. These are my main points :)
    Reynard Matthew Yaputra
    @simonas_kauzonas it's the one that I will launch soon :D Will consider to develop this further with your suggestion! Thanks by the way for the answer.
    Olivia Jane Mitchell
    Yes, I use Toggl for tracking time spent on projects and tasks. Another good one is RescueTime for automatic time tracking and productivity insights. Definitely recommend checking those out for better time management!
    Reynard Matthew Yaputra
    @oliviajanemitchell Thank you for the insight. I am currently seeking for features that you might want from a task management tools that not yet exist or need to be revisited. Probably you have some suggestions about this?
    Noah Christopher Bennett
    I've been using Toggl to track my time across projects and RescueTime for automatic time tracking. Sunsama is also great for task/calendar management and flow state. Curious what others are using!
    Reynard Matthew Yaputra
    @noahchristopherbennett thanks for the insight, Noah. I might need to know what feature do you think is great to have in a simple task management tool. So, if you have any, drop it here!