• Subscribe
  • This "Boring" community for entrepreneurs makes $216K/year 😱

This "Boring" community for entrepreneurs makes $216K/year 😱 Solo founder How? I spent hours to understanding this business. Here's what I found. ━━━♛━━━ How It Works? ━━━━━━━ IndieHackers is making $18K MRR Is where founders share stories. Entrepreneurs learn from examples. It's a community where indie hackers: ⇴ Share experiences ⇴ Give feedback ⇴ Get support from each other ━━━♛━━━ Who founded it? ━━━━━━━ Only 1 founder His name is Courtland Allen. ━━━━━━♛━━━━━━ What is the business model? ━━━━━━━━━━━━━ There are two ways to make money: 1. Sending newsletter promotions 2. Selling T-shirts The main money maker is the newsletter promotions ⇴ Sponsored Ad: Full Section (250 words) costs $999 ⇴ Sponsored Ad: Intro Section (50 words) costs $749 ⇴ Sponsored Ad: News Section (10 words) costs $349 That's a total of $2,097 for one email But, he sends 3 emails every week In the best-case scenario: $2,097 (per email revenue) * 3 (emails per week) * 4 (weeks) = ???? That's $25,164 per month! He also sells indie hacker t-shirts for $27 each. This adds an extra focus on the fan base. ━━━♛━━━ Open Your Mind ━━━━━━━ Let's say I run a copywriting service. I help businesses make more money with copy. My main clients are entrepreneurs. What can I do to get customers? Tweeting, SEO articles, DMs, cold emails... All this takes a lot of time How can I do it faster? Then Courtland Allen comes along and says: I have the most active community of entrepreneurs in the world and I will connect you with ⇴ 2 million readers on my website ⇴ +80K newsletter subscribers Would you pay $999 to show your product to +80,000 potential buyers? Yes, definitely! Now, you might ask me... What if it's not worth it? Then don't sell. Give them something they want for free. Free resources, helpful tips, productivity insights… Your goal is to get their email. Now, every day/week tell them how your product can help them. Easy peasy! ━━━♛━━━ My point of view ━━━━ Building a community is a profitable business. You not only get money from newsletter promotions. You can also promote your own projects Think about it. What if Courtland Allen starts a saas for entrepreneurs and plugs it to his massive community of over 2 million readers? That could easily bring in +$20,000 in monthly recurring revenue The only problem? It takes time to build a community. But guess what? I've got a secret to speed things up. ━━━♛━━━ Time to choose ━━━━━━━ I spent hours understanding this business And I have three secrets But I'll only reveal one. ⇴ The secret of IndieHackers to attract entrepreneurs? ⇴ The secret of IndieHackers to differentiate? ⇴ The secret of IndieHackers to have an active community? Let me know in the comments below Voting ends in 24 hours! ________________ PD: Let's connect in Twitter (x) https://twitter.com/darius_bel

Replies

Paolo Go
    I vote for number 3. Thank you for the interesting reading