• Subscribe
  • There should be an app that lets you identify someones passed business experience

Jake Tital
    10 replies
    Everyone here is making apps and plugins and such . I had an an idea on the personal level . What if there was an app that allowed you to see that persons wins/losses and such . I think this idea would help you weed out all the noise thats going on out there

Replies

Christian Ross
    Past experience is valuable, but it's not the only factor. Focusing on current skills and a growth mindset might be more relevant. Consider portfolio presentations, skill assessments, or even a conversation about their approach to current challenges. An app might miss out on the potential of someone who has recently transitioned careers or developed new skillsets.
    David Murray
    Interesting idea, but past business experience can be multifaceted. An app might only show titles and companies, not the specific skills or contributions someone made. Resumes, cover letters
    Anthony Wright
    I agree! Such an app could streamline the process of understanding someone's background and expertise in business. It would be a game-changer for anyone looking to build teams or partnerships based on proven experience.
    Emily Willis
    I like the idea, but I worry that it would contain more negative information than positive. Many entrepreneurs fail many times before they hit on a successful business venture. But in many cases, it's the failures that often lead to the winners. So what if someone has had many failures and their latest product can't get funding because those failures are visible and no one will back them?
    Henry Sanchez
    Imagine an app that aggregates professional milestones, projects, and testimonials all in one place. It would streamline the process of vetting potential business partners or employees, saving time and ensuring authenticity.
    Gaspard Dupuich
    Such an app could revolutionize professional interactions, offering detailed insights into a person's career history. By verifying past roles and accomplishments, it would help companies make more informed decisions and foster transparency in business relationships.
    Ethan Young
    An app that allows users to verify someone's past business experience would be a game-changer for networking and hiring. It could provide a reliable way to confirm credentials and track achievements, making it easier to build trust and partnerships.
    Sebastian
    While an app like this could be useful, there might be better solutions. Background check companies can provide verified professional history information (with consent). Additionally, industry publications or company news articles might reveal someone's past business experience and achievements.
    Kirsten Nelson-de Búrca
    I'm not as big of a fan of Indie Hackers these days as since it was acquired by Stripe, they changed the main feed functionality and how articles are displayed, and I preferred the old way...but separate to that, IH has a capability of displaying verified revenue growth, so I think that this is what they were likely trying to achieve when they set things up initially! I guess expanding beyond that to include user base (not 100% sure how to "verify"...) would also be a good way of indicating past experience.
    Gurkaran Singh
    Ah, imagine an app that unravels someone's business journey like a digital Sherlock Holmes! It would be like peeking behind the curtains of entrepreneurship - minus the mystery. Wouldn't that be a game-changer in a world flooded with resume buzzwords and LinkedIn glam shots?