There are days you don't feel like showing up- how do you find it in you to show up anyway?

My3 Murthy
8 replies
Is there a song you listen to? A quote you read? A friend you talk to? I am having one of those days & would love some help

Replies

Toni
I have a visual reminder of The Chinese bamboo tree metaphor
Toni
@my3_murthy πŸ™‚ It’s about showing up every day, no matter how hard it looks, or if you dont see results. Like any plant, growth of the Chinese Bamboo Tree requires nurturing – water, fertile soil, sunshine. In its first year, we see no visible signs of activity. In the second year, again, no growth above the soil. The third, the fourth, still nothing. Our patience is tested and we begin to wonder if our efforts (caring, water, etc.) will ever be rewarded. And finally in the fifth year – behold, a miracle! We experience growth. And what growth it is! The Chinese Bamboo Tree grows 80 feet in just six weeks!
My3 Murthy
@vas17 Totally hear you! Do you have any strategies set up to ensure you can act on being disciplined?
Victor Adeshina
@my3_murthy just hold yourself responsible and accountable to show up everyday no matter the mood. lol
When I don't feel like showing up, especially after a poor night's sleep, I rely on a morning routine to reset and energize myself. A key part of this routine is at least 10 minutes of Vipassana meditation. This practice helps me clear my mind, regain focus, and prepare for the day ahead. After meditating, I find myself ready and good to tackle any challenges that come my way.
My3 Murthy
@herwig_kusatz Very cool! I personally have yoga to have a fresh start of my day but not meditation. I should try vipasana