The first thing I learned from Product Hunt.

CHAORAN KANG
10 replies
Reflecting on my first Product Hunt launch, I realized the importance of meticulous planning. Despite scheduling the launch date, I was dismayed not to find my product featured among the upcoming apps. It dawned on me that setting up a banner could have made all the difference. Lesson learned: attention to detail is key in the fast-paced world of product launches!

Replies

Nick Ramos
They are cherry picked by a Product Hunt. Not all products show up on the mobile app, very disappointing to find that out
Nick Ramos
Are you saying setting up a teaser when you get a banner approved helps you get featured? Also learning this as well during my launch right now. Thanks for the thoughts
Elena Tsemirava
How do you know that it helps to get featured? I looked for criteria and only found that the developers themselves determine who to feature and who not.
CHAORAN KANG
@elenat What I mean is that only when the step of setting up the banner is completed can the release of the product be completed, otherwise it will not appear in the list. Sorry my english is not good
Robyn Kline
I learned how to plan, creating community and engagement with them.
Gurkaran Singh
Ah, the classic case of missing the Product Hunt banner - it's like showing up to a party without a cool hat! But hey, every launch teaches us something new, right? Here's to meticulous planning and always having that metaphorical hat ready for the next shindig!
Remington
Not fall into the promotion trap and truly get to know what others are building.