• Subscribe
  • The bigger challenge - Marketing or Dev?

Cem Özçelik
    66 replies

Replies

Amit Arora
    The Action Tracker - Life Planner
    I think this question is very broad as the answer might vary from different stages of the project or company :) For some starting a tech product as a non-technical person, tech might be a bigger challenge. Whereas for some building a product is easy using tech or no-code but finding audience is challenging. After spending long time here I can suggest that it is always good to always have good audience, which really appreciate your content and suggestions. As the audience is built then proposing and sharing the new product built with this audience makes it easy to Kickstart and get initial customers. :)
    Terrence Kelleman
    Building is mastering inward energy, Marketing is mastering outward energies - whichever is your strength becomes your forte the other your challenge. If you're great at both I despise you. lol
    Edmond Bitay
    As a dev, it’s marketing, obviously. There is no immediate feedback loop like when you are coding , this is very difficult to get used to as you often feel like there is no progress. In marketing , if something doesn’t work you don’t often know why, in dev you get an error. In this sense, marketing is harder. You need to learn to operate with less clarity
    Velusamy Subramaniam
    We are a strong dev background company. For us Marketing is the biggest challenge for us
    Cem Özçelik
    @velusamy_subramaniam What do you do for your marketing tasks? Do you get support or do you try to handle it yourself?
    Vova
    moji AI wearable
    moji AI wearable
    Sometimes it’s enough to create a landing page and it will already bring results. I believe marketing is highly important for startups
    Emmanuel Raymond
    Definitely both for me, especially if you're a solo founder. If you have a cofounder, it's better cause one of you can prioritize development while the other marketing
    Chris Stolt
    For me it's marketing, but that's likely to do with where my skillset is more-so then being inherently harder than the other.
    Arif Woozeer
    I think, it really depends on various factors. We have a lot of things to consider saying that one of them is a bigger challenge. Marketing and development present unique challenges, and the importance of each may vary depending on the specific goals and priorities of a company or project, but what I can assure is that when this two works together, the only bigger challenge is to achieve overall business objectives.
    Imran Razak
    I think the bigger challenge is actually how you’re going to make what you want to build that actually is good enough for someone wanting to pay for it. Then marketing because you can’t market something you don’t even want to use or can’t build.
    Indu Thangamuthu
    The bigger challenge - Marketing or Sales? 😅
    Gilson Gilbert
    The biggest challenge is when you have to do both by yourself.
    Gevorg Nazaryan
    Both of them. The real challenge name is Product Market Fit 🙂
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    It depends on the level of your skill, POV + goals you want to achieve. When you are good at developing something (but not in marketing), you find it difficult to monetize a product... but it is a cute hobby. When you are good at marketing, you can sell anything. Even salt water. :D (But yeah, this is a part of sales so... it can be equal. Depends. :D
    Omar Faruk
    Always difficult. Marketing is the bridge between development and the audience, making both equally challenging but in different ways, where Dev builds the product, Marketing ensures its visibility and success.
    Hossein Yazdi
    For me Dev is not at all challenging, it's the most interesting part of my work. The challenge for me is marketing, building loyal audience is the real challenge in my opinion.
    Magic Mike Paine
    It always seems like dev is like owning a boat, you’re always fixing something in order to properly utilize the system. Creating new dev tools to match market trends becomes even trickier. On the other hand, I find marketing is having conversations with the right audience about their problem. The bigger challenge for me has always been dev.
    Josie Perez
    they are like two sides of the same coin
    Unofficial Product Hunt Chrome Plugin
    Unofficial Product Hunt Chrome Plugin
    I think the biggest challenge is juggling between both! What about you, Cem?
    AmazingSylvia
    It depends on what thing u wanna achieve.
    Massimo Chieruzzi
    Short term I'd say Dev... there's a big shortage of senior developers. But with the rise of AI in the long run I think the technology part will become a commodity and every niche will become more competitive. What will set products apart will be UI, Marketing and Branding
    Massimo Chieruzzi
    @cem_ozcelik not eliminate them for sure at least in the short term... but for sure building a product is gonna be way easier/cheaper in a year or two.