• Subscribe
  • Struggling to find my first customers, any advice?

Eren Sagdic
    13 replies
    Hey Product Hunt community, I recently developed a SaaS project called Feedmio. It's a tool that allows website owners to easily collect and analyze user feedback through a simple script they can embed on their sites. Feedmio offers easy setup, a user-friendly interface, and detailed reporting on the feedback collected, helping sites improve their performance. However, after building the product, I’ve run into a challenge: Finding my first customers. What’s the best way to reach the right audience for Feedmio? Do you have any tips or strategies for finding those crucial first customers? I'd really appreciate hearing your experiences and suggestions! If you have time, I would be very happy if you review my site and give advice. https://feedmio.com Thanks in advance! Eren

Replies

Fitri Maulida
    Hi Eren, congratulations on launching Feedmio! To find your first customers, consider these steps: - Networking: Reach out to your personal and professional connections. - Content: Create and share relevant content on social media. - Outreach: Contact websites and businesses that might benefit from Feedmio. - Communities: Join relevant online forums and groups. - Trials: Offer free trials or discounts to attract early users. Best of luck! ;)
    Fredo Tan
    As users are supposed to install a script first can be a burden. Why not let users interact with the product beforehand to make them want to install the script. That's why interactive demos work for products like yours. Btw, we, Supademo = interactive demo paltform, are launching today as well: https://www.producthunt.com/post...
    Robin P.
    Launching soon!
    High level: Define your ICP, a.k.a. who is the type of user that will benefit from your solution. Be specific in this, not just any website owner as many might not care a whole lot about user data. From ICP at an entity level you can proceed with determining who the right person to target is within the organizations you'll be focusing on. It's still a human that decides to buy or not after all. At the price point you're selling at, you can't really go for a direct sales approach as it's too costly. That said, in the early days you can follow the typical startup mantra and "do things that don't scale" a.k.a. directly target and reach out to the right person in your ICP profile. If you did this exercise well and you get to talk to someone with clear pain point that your solution can solve, you'll most likely get your first customer. Make sure the first customers really enjoy your product and actively engage with them for feedback, convert them into advocates for your product, develop case studies, etc, ... Post these early days, you can divert your effort towards your target audience finding their way to you and buy your product directly without the need for any human involvement.
    Shey A
    Hi Eren, first of all, congratulations on building Feedmio and a great landing page so far. My feedback would be to speak more about your value propositions, your copy is a little technical and I doubt that a random business owner, trying to make a product-led decision from feedback gathered might not resonate immediately. It would be great to see things like: - How much time is saved using your tool - How using your tool can help users find trends from feedback, they typically would have ignored - How that data can 10x or 5x your conversion rate because you are literally mining gold It would also be awesome to see a dummed-down approach to how your product works, like: - What kind of feedback is being analyzed or where that feedback is coming from, are they from third-party integrations embedded on the landing page or it scrapes the data from Google? - Are those feedback automatically gathered and fed into the dashboard? It could even be a basic 3 steps to how the product works Totally agree with @robin_poelmans point about identifying your ICP, as your product would certainly not be for all business owners, they would most likely be businesses that are geared towards being product-led. Join entrepreneurial/ start-up groups on reddit, put out polls on Linked In to understand the pain point businesses experience with gathering feedback and reflect the same language on your landing page, get your respondents to try your product for free. Your biggest goal for now should be to get as many eyes on your product so you can learn fast. Good luck with Feedmio!
    Eren Sagdic
    @robin_poelmans @shey_a Thank you very much for your feedback. It means a lot to me. I will try to implement what you say.
    Han Kim
    Launching soon!
    There's a very good article on this at Lenny's Newsletter: https://www.lennysnewsletter.com...
    Evelyn Rose Sinclair
    I feel you, getting those first customers is tough! I'd suggest offering interactive demos like Supademo mentioned. Let users play with your product a bit before having to install anything. Also, consider doing direct outreach to your ideal customers to offer them a free trial. Personalized emails or LinkedIn messages can work well. Keep hustling, you got this! 💪