• Subscribe
  • Start-up Lessons Learned: Team building

Kevin Lu
    4 replies
    There are three major tasks a CEO should focus: 1. pointing out a clear direction 2. recruiting right people to join the team 3. finding sufficient resources to support 1 & 2. However, under a limited-resource condition, as a CEO, how do you execute those 3 points perfectly?

Replies

André J
    IMO: Find people who compliment your journey, and never become underutlized, and stay lean. Use interns, students, remote freelancers. until you have steady income and can afford more permanent team structures.
    Donald Kelly
    executing the three key tasks perfectly involves clearly articulating a compelling vision to rally the team, prioritizing strategic hiring of multi-skilled talents that align with our direction, and continuously seeking creative, lean solutions for resource optimization to support both the vision and team growth.
    Kevin Lu
    @donaldkelly63 Wow, thank you for your feedback! Especially regarding the part about optimizing resources through lean solutions, I always feel like I haven't been doing well enough in that aspect. For example, I often overcomplicate things, and as a result, information fails to be conveyed clearly. In product development, I tend to overthink at the beginning, causing users to have to click seven times before experiencing the "AHA" moment (although I have now optimized it). This is an area I've been continuously learning and your sharing has reminded me of it. Thank you!