πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’« Spamming with Golden Kitty Award on LinkedIn is NOT ok...

Lisa Dziuba
19 replies
I love the Product Hunt community, it's one of the best places to get help and connect. However, my LinkedIn is full of people I have never met, chatted with, and never checked/upvoted their products, who ask me to support their Golden Kitty Award or PH launch. It's not ok. Sending ChatGPT-generated messages with zero customization, zero connection with people and zero effort does NOT work. It is simply spam πŸ›‘ We, as a community, can be much better and Product Hunt is not the place for spamming... I support many launches, help with feedback, and love chatting with makers when it's a real human connection... In most cases, it feels like I'm just bombarded with similar cold DMs on Linkedin from bots πŸ€– Doe anyone else have this problem?

Replies

Rodrigo Leles
Launched @sintonico yesterday and I never received so many messages from random people asking to magically promote and get me hundreds of upvotes... 🀨
Andrian Valeanu
UP! Where can I share screenshots? :) My LinkedIn is now full of people asking for upvotes.
Andrian Valeanu
Let me share and collect here the most aggressive upvote requesters at the moment: LeadDelta 3.0 Kombai
Lisa Dziuba
@andrianv Oh, so we can have Golder Kitty Anti-Award πŸ˜‚
AndrΓ© J
Launching soon!
Dont worry, next year, the bots will have clever customisation in every message you receive, much better πŸ˜… And which golden kitty are you supporting this year btw? what's your favourite ?
Lisa Dziuba
@sentry_co I loved Framer AI and I added it, ChatGPT obviously :)
Maksym Astakhov
The same, 300+ connects in the last 3 days Until you have a rating like voting it is unavoidable such a technique.
Lisa Dziuba
@maverick91 this was not a thing in 2015-2022, really i was not getting those LinkedIn spamming
Fabian Maume
@lisadziuba Product hunt audience grew considerably this year. Some if the new commers might not know the etiquette.
Fabian Maume
Yep. Same problem.
Abdul Wahab
Hahah, happening same with me too.
ISTIAK AHMAD
I agree Lisa, best practices should be there
Dima Boychuk
And one day, someone will launch on ProductHunt product called ProductAntiSpamHunt. πŸ˜€