Solo Makers 💪 vs. Big Teams

Jitesh Ghanchi â­•
19 replies
The Battle of Solo Makers vs. Big Teams: A Cost-Effective Showdown In the realm of service providers, have you ever witnessed the clash between solo makers and big teams? As a solo maker, you possess the ability to deliver equivalent services or value in a significantly more cost-effective manner, leading to a decline in sales for the larger teams. Let's delve into this intriguing competition and see who emerges victorious!

Replies

Alex
I don't think this is an option, if you have money you can hire a team otherwise you go on alone or with 1-2 friends that really believe in your project. But at the end when the first money start to flow you need to hire a team since none know all. There are too much fields to cover, front-end back end, AWS or similars, security, marketing, laws etc...
Murat Hacıoğlu
The team is everything for startups!
RDS
I read this quote from somewhere If you wanna go fast go alone If you wanna do something big do it together. End of the battle.
RDS
@jeeiee just for an example. You have an idea of making an app. You made and launched. But when it comes to idea aka improve the app. You need different mindset than yours. It will help to catch more audience and you will learn from each another. So, more people = more ideas = results in better design and can make it big. Remember not every idea is good. You need to test them even some of your ideas too. Good luck
André J
Launching soon!
@jeeiee @rds1 Notion was 2 guys for a long time. And they would still be 2 people if they didn't have a billion customers. More people -> more problems
RDS
@sentry_co you have set your mindset for more problems tbh. What you can do is to hire some people with an experience. If I were at you. I would take an interview and ask them how you can help me to grow my app. Like give an idea. The person who will give genuine idea would get hired. Yeah you can ask more questions regarding team working too. ( can google questions just to make interview professional) Good luck :)
André J
Launching soon!
@rds1 I worked in huge teams with super talented people. But huge teams have their problems. 4 people does not mean 4x speed. more like 2.3x if you're lucky. In the age of automation and AI you an do a lot with few hands.
Artem Luko
Digital Inspiration is the most popular Solo Dev
Trevor White
I am extremely partial to solo developing. All businesses I launch are 1 man shows with close to $0 invested. I am always looking for low risk-high reward scenarios. Just launched my first company in over 5 years today, and my first product hunt launch.
Josh Starr
@trevorwhite Same here Trevor! What are your businesses you've launched?
Trevor White
@josh_starr I launched Poket Dev today on PH. An unlimited software development subscription. Previously I launched Viral Social which was a majority automated social media advertising company with a reach to over 100m followers between twitter and instagram.
Maicon | side.tech
I had a good experience with a team of 40 people. Now, I'm on a new solo adventure, and I'm in love.
Josh Starr
@maiconrcf What's the new solo adventure?
I love Building nowdays solo using No-code tool and learning lowcode as well.. let's see in future if fit for Indie Builder or Business.