Slack or Discord?

Briti
14 replies
I have worked in several work space and most of them use either slack or discord to communicate, which one do you prefer?

Replies

Jiho
discord for gaming, slack for working
Luka Vasic
I use both daily. Discord associates me with friends and playing games, yes I used it for working with a team. Not at a new job, we use Slack and to me personally, I like it for work. I think it depends on the team, currently most professional work is done through Slack.
Paul VanZandt
Slack for work, haven't used discord a ton.
Tony Yan
I will try discord for my upcoming product.
Tony Yan
By the way, if we want to build a community with our users, which one is better?
Slack - If it’s not a big community - mainly because of the notification and conversations threading system
Dow Osage
I use Slack for work & Discord for everything else (school, communicate with my teenagers, memes, etc). I think they both have a place in the communication ecosystem, though it does feellike Slack is for day and Discord is for after-day (meaning after work, eve, late night).
Shruti
Discord for sure. user friendly and easier to build a community there
Cameron Caldwell
Definitely depends on for what. Both can prove to be HUGE distractions, but I think Slack is a bit more organized while Discord offers more flexibility
Kazimieras Melaika
I always used discord but usually for entertainment/leisure purposes only. I like Slack a lot! Btw, we’re launching in the mid of June. Check out our upcoming PH page: www.producthunt.com/upcoming/eff... Our project is called: Effecto. It’s an app for detailed habits, health, symptoms, and meds tracking. Pretty much for everything that is related to your physical or mental health and every daily factor that can affect you.