Should we find a Hunter to hunt or by ourselves?

Shirley
42 replies

Replies

Hirak Kocharee
Launching soon!
Hunt by yourself but make connections to get guidance. There are many experienced community members with whom you can connect. It is a vibrant community willing to answer any questions that you might have.
Gaurav Sharma
I am also new to PH, and commenting here to follow the thread and hear from PH veterans!
Shivangi Awasthi
@grvsharma whatever gives you happiness. I hunted my own product yesterday, it was a journey worth experiencing. Good luck, Mate. :)
Gaurav Sharma
Thanks Shivangi @shivangiawasthi Would love to read a launching process summary thread once you have had your launch hangover fixed :)
Sagar Patel
I’ll be hunting my own product, but curious as to what others have to say about it.
Leena Chitnis
Hunt yourselves. PH actually recommends this: https://www.producthunt.com/laun...? - scroll down slowly until you see the "hunter" section.
Karthik Tatikonda
Nowadays, Hunter's followers won't get notifications when your product goes live. So, if you want a hunter for the sake of upvotes, you don't need a hunter. But, having a hunter will help you 1. Build credibility for your product: Since hunters are active for a long time on product hunt, if anyone checks the product is hunted by them, they will most likely check out the product. 2. Planning Product Hunt launch: Hunters know a lot of ins and outs in product hunt launches. they can help you with from generating buzz to creating product hunt assets. So, if you want a hunter for any of the 2 reasons above, you should get a hunter.
Alvaro Villalba Perez
@karthik_tatikonda I do get notifications when from Hunter's product hunts. Is it only me?
Heleana Grace
@karthik_tatikonda @alvarovillalb_ No, I do too. I keep seeing people advice against having people hunting your product because of this reasoning but I get notifications all the time. But with that said, we did launch ourselves. :D
@karthik_tatikonda @alvarovillalb_ @heleana My understanding is that previously, you would get an email notification when a hunter you follow hunted someone. Now days you just get a notification on product hunt so its less effective, but it still for sure makes a difference.
Prem Saini
It actually depends, we recognise that in the current digital landscape, traffic is of utmost importance. As a result, choosing an accomplished Product Hunt curator to lead our launch.
Relja Denic
Hunters are good at helping you understand how the PH works and help you in building everything.
Darya Antonyuk
We've decided to hunt ourselves, but I don't see any big differences
Shivangi Awasthi
Both work fine if you are confident in your product. I hunted my first product yesterday on my own, it was a journey of 24 hours full of different emotions, a rollercoaster ride. Enjoy it. :)
Anna Kasumova
I think better to hunt yourself. But be ready that you need to start engaging here before launch.
Jake Harrison
If you need a hunter, I am willing to!
Daniel Peris
You should hunt by yourself IMO :)
Deniz Hadzhaoglu
In October, I will do my first launch and I hunt myself. I hope it will be good :D
Drew "Sales Playbook Builder" Williams
I've heard good and bad stories about hunters. Sounds like it's not a guarantee to get to #1
Brian Hurst
We're hunting ourselves. For us, besides not knowing how to begin finding a Hunter to hunt our product, I think there's a lot of pride around hunting and launching our own product on our own timeline.
From what I have seen, having a hunter does seem to give a statistical advantage - Something like 40% of products of the day are hunted by a hunter
Kacper Kielak
@william_mathews1 interesting! do you know what's the % of all products that are hunted by a hunter vs by the product maker?
@kackiel unfortunately not, I spent a bit of time looking, but I couldn't find a number anywhere. I were to make a guess from the way people on the forums talk though, I would think it's less than 10%
Daniel Zaitzow
This is something I've struggled to answer. Myself and @gusoliveira_ have gone back and fourth on the best strategy for this and still don't have a concrete resolution.
Ilyes Ouhadj
They are meant to give you feedback! which is essential for your product's growth!