• Subscribe
  • Should We Be Worried About the Increasing Integration of AI in Our Lives?

Katerina Dedyulya
    4 replies
    Recently i came across various discussions on how AI could potentially replace humans. Moreover, one friend of mine (working with web3) is super anxious about AGI. AI is becoming a part of everything—from personal assistants to decision-making in business. Should we be excited about the convenience, or concerned about the ethical implications, job loss, and control AI might take?

Replies

Christopher Allen Scott
    I think AI is just a tool, like any other technology. As long as we use it responsibly and ethically, it can make our lives easier and more productive. The real worry would be if AI gets too advanced and we lose control over it. But right now, it's enabling amazing things and I'm excited to see how it evolves to help humanity. We just need common sense guardrails as we increasingly integrate it.
    Xinshu Ta
    No, it is just a tool!
    Benjamin Lewis Anderson
    AI is a powerful tool that can enhance many aspects of our lives when used responsibly. The key is having the right safeguards and human oversight. AI should augment human capabilities, not replace people entirely. For example, AI avatars for initial candidate screening in hiring could save time, but ultimate decisions should be made by humans. We need proactive policies and ethical frameworks to harness AI's benefits while mitigating risks. Open discussion between tech leaders, policymakers and the public is crucial for striking the right balance as AI becomes more prevalent.
    Katerina Dedyulya
    @benjaminlewisanderson Absolutely agree—AI should enhance human capabilities, not replace them. I wonder how it will go forward with healthcare, have you read recent essay of Altman ? He states that in the very near future (couple years) we will have ai assistant like coordination for medical help