Share your entrepreneur journey!

Shubham Pratap Singh
11 replies
Share your story and inspire others 🤝 What are you working on? How you came up with this idea? What challenges are you facing or faced previously? How you solved those challenges? What's your biggest success and failure till now? Your vision for next 5 years? Looking forward to hear your story, learn and grow :) Working professionals are also welcome, please share why you decided to choose this career path :)

Replies

Graham VanScyoc
I am working on my first-ever start-up with a friend of mine we call, game shelf. I am starting from scratch as I come from a welding background. We have high hopes for our product as we see the need for effective and fun ways for gamers to track and attack their backlogs. We know the gaming industry and are lifelong gamers ourselves so we are passionate about the problem we wish to solve. I am excited to meet many people both users and fellow entrepreneurs!
Cris Rat
such a good question will keep it short(ish) focus101.com, virtual co-working came up with the idea when I learned about persuasion and how people take their cues from environment and people do what they say they would do : in short, the power of accountability, consistency, self-image and so on biggest success: the first product I thought about and actually built and shipped (from idea to going live took about 12-14 months, lost track) failure: had lots of other ideas that came to nothing, but I learned from them. This one isn't a runaway success, as getting users is not easy :) Turns out nobody knows I exist hehe Biggest challenge - the 9-5 job that pays the bills keeps me busy, so have to work 2-3 jobs, all the time next 5 years? quit my job, focus on this (and subsequent ideas, which are brewing), and build a team (ie: not just freelancers) why I do 9-5 AND side hustle - gotta pay the bills...
Graham VanScyoc
@cristian_rat This is a very nice idea and I like your website! Keep up the work!
Shubham Pratap Singh
Thanks for sharing your story @cristian_rat :) Agree with @graham_gameshelf this is awesome. Wishing you the best in your future endeavors! :)
Shubham Pratap Singh
I will share mine as well. 1: I am working on https://www.safeselection.in. I came up with this idea as as we all know, incidents of women being harassed or harmed by cab drivers are unfortunately becoming more common. It has become a growing concern in recent years, with many women feeling unsafe while using these services. So as a solution I created Safe Selection, a community-driven platform where users can share their experiences and help each other make informed decisions about their safety while traveling. 2: The biggest challenge I am facing is to convince users to start using the platform and add their reviews on every trip. We are focused on user generated genuine reviews so we are not adding any random and fake reviews from internet on the platform. But due to lack of data users are not engaging. Currently trying to figure out solution for this. Any advice or recommendation is highly appreciated.:) 3: In the next 5 years, I want to make Safe Selection a big trusted reviews platform for cab drivers and other location services globally :) 4: I have launched Safe Selection as a free platform because safety is primary concern for everyone and everyone deserves to be safe. As a solopreneur i am personally covering all the cost and to manage all the cost I am doing 9-5 as well :)