• Subscribe
  • Seeking Feedback on a New Aggregator App for Timely Updates

Lethe Li
    5 replies
    Hi everyone! I’m excited to share that I'm planning to develop a new product aimed at helping people quickly and accurately get the latest updates from their favorite websites. In today's fast-paced information era, I believe there’s a need for a tool that acts as a content aggregator, allowing users to select their preferred sources and track specific keywords. The idea is that users can subscribe to chosen sources and set keywords they want to follow. Then, they will receive daily briefings that summarize the relevant information. These briefings will leverage AI to better understand the content and provide concise, tailored updates. Users can choose to listen to the updates or read them in text format. I’d love to hear your thoughts! Would this be something you'd find valuable? What features would you like to see? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I move forward with this concept! Thank you!

Replies

Monalisa Sethi
    This idea is great. In fact, for the past few weeks I have been trying out products that let me summarize the newsletters I have subscribed to so that I can read the summary and then pick and choose which ones to read further (like Meco). The main challenge of such tools is the quality of summary. Unless the summary looks like a news piece in The Rundown AI, I am not sure how helpful the summary would be. In case you don't follow The Rundown AI, here's how a news snippet looks like: 🤖 Newton AI learns physics from scratch The Rundown: Archetype AI just unveiled 'Newton,' a new foundational AI ‘Large Behavior Model’ that learns complex physics principles directly from raw sensor data, without any human guidance. The details: - Newton ingests raw sensor measurements to build its understanding of physical phenomena without pre-programmed knowledge. - The model can accurately predict behaviors of systems it wasn't explicitly trained on, like pendulum motion. - It outperformed specialized AI in tasks like forecasting citywide power consumption and discovering systems from data instead of training. - Archetype AI was founded by ex-Google researchers and has secured $13M in funding to date. Why it matters: Newton is a paradigm shift in AI's interaction with the physical world. A single model could replace highly specialized systems by developing a generalized understanding rather than a narrow focus. The tech also opens the door to truly autonomous AI that can adapt to environments and tasks without human intervention. Another great example of news summary is this app called InShorts: https://inshorts.com/ For benchmark on audio summaries, refer to Google Notebook LM - a huge fan of the product.
    Lethe Li
    @monalisa_sethi Thanks so much for your insights and for sharing those examples! I agree, the quality of the summary is key.
    Anthony Harris
    I've been exploring some news aggregator apps recently like Flipboard and SmartNews. The key for me is having a clean, skimmable interface that intelligently surfaces the most important stories. Sounds like your app is tackling the summary quality challenge head-on which is great. Have you looked at abstractive summarization models like PEGASUS or chatbots like Claude to generate the snippets? They can produce surprisingly coherent and informative summaries. Excited to check out your app when it launches!
    Emma Lily Sanders
    Summaries are super helpful for staying on top of all the content out there! I'm a big fan of The Rundown AI's news snippets. Another one to check out is TLDR This - their AI-generated summaries of articles and newsletters are top notch and help me decide what's worth a deeper read. The key is high-quality, insightful summaries that capture the essence. Excited to see more tools tackling this challenge!
    Lethe Li
    @emmalilysanders Thank you for sharing those suggestions! I agree, high-quality summaries are crucial for cutting through the noise and helping users focus on what really matters. I'll definitely check out The Rundown AI and TLDR This for some inspiration. My goal with this product is to ensure the AI captures not only the essence but also the most relevant insights, helping users stay informed efficiently. I appreciate your input, and I’m excited to push this concept forward!