Remote work productivity hacks πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ’»

Majd Alsado
14 replies
Wondering what are y'alls productivity tips and tricks that have helped you while working remotely. What has worked well? What not so well?

Replies

Andrew Mason
Make a list of tasks in order of priority and work on the most important ones first.
Eden
Might sound silly but I recently bought a whiteboard to put on my wall where I put my goals for the day on. It makes things feel more official when it's on the board :D
Majd Alsado
@entreeden If it helps you then that's great! I'm looking at my whiteboard now and it's filled with MVP brainstorming mumbo jumbo from 2 weeks ago πŸ˜…
Samuel β€ŽMi
I'm using extension to track my time when I'm actually coding and my keyboard is in active use. Seeing I haven't done much throughout the day makes me feel like I should work more. So far works fine)
Majd Alsado
@saamuel great idea, what’s the extension called?
Samuel β€ŽMi
@majd_alsado it's called "Time Tracker" by Alexandru Cambose in the VSC Marketplace. I find this one the easiest one to use and I've tried many of different extensions, in the end of the day it's just time tracking.
Dave Malicke
I take frequent walks, and do light exercises between focussed sessions
Communicate with your colleagues, family, and friends about your work schedule and let them know when you are available.
AndrΓ© J
Launching soon!
Own equity. Your productivity will be mind boggling.
Rick Armstrong
What's worked for me is to create, maintain, and stick to a routine. Like in the days of commuting to the office. Instead, walk the dog during that period of time in the morning (or something else that you enjoy to do). What didn't work, at a previous company the teams were trying a mix of Hybrid. People would coordinate what days they'd be onsite so you could get face time. But every week you'd wind up being the only person in an empty office because each person had something come up that prevented them from coming in that day (or there would maybe be 2 or 3 out of 15 show up). It eventually defeated the purpose.