• Subscribe
  • šŸ™ Question to those who hire engineers: what's your hiring process?

Lisa Dziuba
    7 replies
    Hey to the awesome PH community šŸ± I'm working on a new sub-product now. This product should solve the problem of the slow hiring process by matching pre-vetted and pre-interviewed engineers with the hiring company in 48h. In the case of a successful engineer + the company match = fixed payment. While forming a product hypothesis I'd love to get inputs from CTOs & engineering managers at startups: šŸ¤” How do you hire now? Do you use candidates provided by third parties? šŸ¤” How much are you involved in hiring yourself? (or it's more on the HR team) Maybe some of the PH folks are hiring developers now, so you can provide interesting insights!

Replies

Peter Witham
    @lisadziuba I do hope you can solve this problem. 3rd party companies always seem to throw anything they have at people hiring, hoping that at least one of them sticks. This is precisely what people hiring do not have time for. I like to sit and spend time with folks I'm looking to work with rather than just a sheet of paper handed to me by someone else. This does tend to vary greatly depending on a company's approach and any contracts they have in place. In a hiring situation, knowing that the people you will talk with have at least half a chance of meeting the requirements would be a significant step forward. Good luck!
    Lisa Dziuba
    @compileswift Thank you Peter! Happy to see you in the discussion ā¤ļø > 3rd party companies always seem to throw anything they have at people hiring, hoping that at least one of them sticks. This is precisely what people hiring do not have time for. 100% agree this is how recruitment industry works now and where we can be better.
    Oxana
    I think we use pretty standard flow. We're hiring to internal team and mostly our HR team finding candidates. I'm involved on few stages: reviewing CV after initial pre-validation, participate on the tech interview and then checking results of the test task (if there one)
    Lisa Dziuba
    @oxana_ivanova Thanks for the details! Do you use some agencies on the way, who source you candidates?
    Oxana
    @lisadziuba few times, yes. But now mostly searching ourselves
    Ksenia Goron
    Hello Lisa, while I may not be the ideal respondent, I would like to share some insights based on my experience with hiring engineers for several product teams in the past. - In response to your question about whether we use candidates provided by third parties, we have not yet done so. We have been satisfied with the assistance of HRs on outsourcing-based candidates, candidates from related communities where we have a presence, and seeking candidates on LinkedIn through sharing hiring posts. We have found that spreading information about job openings among related individuals has been very helpful. - Typically, our CTO or Tech lead will only get involved in the final stages of the hiring process, which involves checking test tasks and conducting an introduction meeting before making a job offer.