Product owners, why do you buy votes?!?! Bots everywhere, it's not honest!

Anna Kasumova
13 replies
Today is my launch day. And what I see. There are some products which suddenly get a lot of votes. When I checked the comments, I see that there are a lot of comments from new community members. Their activity is 0: they register today, they vote and comment only 1 product!!! I write to ProductHunt support. But I am not sure that it will help. Very bad, very sad!

Replies

phprunner
The system is never fair.
Piotr Obidowski
Yeah, I have observed it myself. Suddenly some products gain lots of upvotes, but I can see that PH support is doing something because at the end of the day they lost a lot of those upvotes.
Ajinkya Bhat | Notion X Startups
I think PH do a good job of taking those out!
Mark Amouzgar
"Wow, that is so unfair! I think Product Hunt will ban them or not count them at the end of the day!
Manuel Martínez-Arraya
PH will definitely take them down.
Daniel Feles
sad thing happening more and more, hopefully product hunt takes care! i believe tho, genuine products like yours will win eventually :)
Daniel Zaitzow
@dfeles I think it is really hard to build a perfect system and hard to quantify for big teams having tons of resources. Still looks like a successful launch in my eyes @anna_kasumova !!
Pietro Lungarini
I think that happened with my Launch... In fact I started a similar discussion. People tell me that PH takes care of it (and I have no doubt), but I guess it's really hard to detect "fake" upvotes.