• Subscribe
  • Product Hunt launch - Weekday vs Weekend

Ashit Vora
    11 replies
    We plan to launch Draftly(.so) on PH next week. I have been reading tips to launch on PH on different forums like PH Forum, Reddit, WIP, and others. There's a mixed opinion on whether to launch on Weekday or Weekend. If you have launched your product or have closely watched any launch, what would you recommend? Any other tips for the PH launch would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

Oliver James Hawthorne
    I always launch on weekdays for max exposure. Weekends are hit or miss - sometimes you get lucky with the weekend crowd but usually weekdays bring more consistent traffic and upvotes to stay on the homepage longer. Plus there's typically less competition launching on weekdays.
    Ashit Vora
    @oliverjameshawthorne Thanks for sharing the tip. I thought there's more competition during weekdays. No?
    Rick Fan
    Sider for iOS 2.0
    If you want your product to get as many votes as possible and stay on the PH homepage for as long as possible(for the traffic), choose a weekday; if you just need a higher ranking on PH on that day, you can go for the weekend.
    Ashit Vora
    @rick_fan is it because there's less competition over the weekend?
    Rick Fan
    Sider for iOS 2.0
    @ashitvora yes, fewer people will vote.
    Lucas Benjamin Foster
    I always do weekday launches to maximize the time on the homepage. Weekend launches can rank high for the day but fall off quickly in my experience. The key is picking the right weekday - I've found Tuesday or Wednesday tends to work best to catch the work week traffic without competing with the rush of Monday launches.
    Ashit Vora
    @lucasbenjaminfoster thanks for sharing the ti. Much appreciated.
    Victoria Louise Turner
    If you want the most possible exposure, I'd definitely launch on a weekday to maximize votes and time on the homepage. Weekends are good for a ranking boost that day though if that's your main goal. Really depends on your priorities and what you're aiming for with the launch.
    Ashit Vora
    @victorialouiseturner, understood. Thanks for sharing the tips.
    Olga iaLOVEnko
    Our lucky is Wednesday. But to be serious, your choice of the day depends on your goal. As usual. Clarify the goal of your launch 🚀 and PH citizens will give you more accurate answer. 😉
    Ashit Vora
    @olgaialovenko, the goals is to get more visibility and have potential customers try the product.