• Subscribe
  • PH quick start kit

Mohammed Kheezar Hayat
    5 replies
    Alongside engaging here, I have been doing a fair bit of reading on ‘getting started with Product Hunt’, and I thought I would share the best of what I have found. A lot of articles videos etc on the subject are either out of date or talk about techniques that are apparently ineffective now. We decided to put together a list of useful (and some counterintuitive) advice on launching on product hunt. All summarised on Afterword. You can navigate to the originals from there too. If you are new to Product Hunt you could do worse than starting with these. (Putting the links in a comment) There are conflicts in the information about ideal launch days, number and kinds of assets you need to create and lead times; but here are the key takeaways: - 2-3 month lead time - Community engagement needs to start right away (you are doing that right now!) - Need to start building databases and contact lists 1 month in - Use other social media channels to funnel to PH - Don’t cheat - Find a hunter (?) - Upvotes are a vanity metric (?) - Videos are awesome…..

Replies

Dzmitry Tsemirau
    Thanks for the info.
    Yami Sun
    Very insightful. We're launching "Cascad3 - A decentralized inspiration-driven publishing platform" on Product Hunt soon. Let's collaborate! I would appreciate your support and feedback by clicking the "Notify Me" button to stay tuned and be the first to know when Cascad3 debuts on the stage.👇 producthunt.com/products/cascad3 Thank you! Best regards, Yami
    Jake Tital
    Nailed this list!