• Subscribe
  • Personalization in B2B Marketing | How Far Should We Go?

Polina Kumanova
    6 replies
    Personalization can significantly impact engagement in B2B marketing, but where do you draw the line? How do you personalize your marketing efforts without crossing privacy boundaries?

Replies

Ulrica Storset
    I think personalization in marketing & communication is the future. But you must stick to what is relevant. And what is relevant is naturally very different from each company and what they are pushing. There is a huge gap between companies that know everything about their customers (banks, telcos, grocery stores) and the bulk that has huge holes in their data. The research I have seen also suggests that customers want personalized communication and expects it. (71% says McKinsey). We are launching Solarplexus.ai here on Product Hunt next week if you want to check out how we do personalized marketing & communication automated, at scale and in line with brand.
    Bailey Dotson
    This is a great topic! I think personalization can really help in B2B marketing, but we need to balance it carefully.
    Polina Kumanova
    @bailey_dotson I`m totally with you Bailey! Balance always matters. Just curious about colleagues` insights on what`s the most successful strategy to do so.
    Charlos Brat
    Personalization is so important, but I sometimes wonder if we’re overdoing it. Do you think there’s a risk of making clients feel uncomfortable?
    Polina Kumanova
    @charlos_brat I always try to put myself in clients` shoes and think about how they would feel. In my point of view, communication matters a lot. It worth to study each client deeply and understand what`s behind his/her personality, what impacts his reactions and decisions. Even though we`re considering B2B, there still a personality behind the business. So I would rather group customers with more or less similar behavior and tailor proposals for them to keep the balance between being pushy and giving them enough space.
    Elijah Scott Fitzgerald
    I think personalization in B2B marketing can be super effective when done right, but you gotta be careful not to overdo it and come across as creepy, you know? Like using a prospect's name and company is cool, but bringing up their recent vacation pics from Insta might cross the line 😅 Focus on showing you understand their pain points and goals, not stalking their socials. Some good personalization tactics: segment your email lists, tailor content recs to different personas, create account-specific landing pages for ABM campaigns. But always give an easy opt-out and don't go overboard. It's a balancing act! Would love to hear how others are handling this.