Optimal Niche Research Toolkit: Tips and Best Practices

Peter Tovanov
6 replies
Hello everyone. I want to discuss what a toolkit for niche research could be like, using the most interesting and advanced tools available. As a product manager, I have to deal with this quite often. Here’s mine: • Open benchmarks from markets for the previous year, or 2-3 • Open analytics for web platforms (SimilarWeb, Ahrefs, etc.) • Load all the data into GPT and use prompts to create a summary table of features • Analyze the summary table to find a suitable USP • Go to calculate the business model. If it works out in numbers, move on to more detailed development of ideas and hypotheses. How do you usually conduct niche research? Let’s find the perfect option to help us and speed up our work! Wishing you all high conversions and profits! <3

Replies

Nastassia
Nice approach. Especially love the idea to delegate the summarization to GPT :)
Kirr Simakovs
Via customer development across enterprises. B2B/B2E not always can be scanned outside due to strict security rules It can be a cool thing for me to find a trendy niche and create lead generation extension for our service
Kirr Simakovs
@peterblack do things that not scale Just research by my hands, talking with hundreds of people/customers, founders etc. in case I spotted similar pains or solutions or workarounds - trying to validate it via message/zoom call, then via pdf deck. After that, trying to validate prettified deck via pre-sale / paid pilot / feature request. Once I got money in bank - start development and selling further this idea 💡
Andreas Sohns
Awesome toolkit! I typically start with Google Trends and keyword research using tools like Moz and SEMrush.
This is the way to use ChatGPT, to summarise thoughts, large data, and to give ideas. Even "Free" tools can be used to get estimated initial market info which you can then have ChatGPT comb through. SEO tools can be also used to get a good grasp on the market, tools like SEM or Ubersuggest.
Gurkaran Singh
Navigating niche research is like solving a data-driven puzzle with tools like Sherlock Holmes, but instead of a magnifying glass, we use analytics and GPT to uncover hidden treasures! How do you unravel the mystery of market insights?