• Subscribe
  • ✏️ Open-sourced tools that can help you with productivity and creation

A few days ago had a convo about open-source with one guy and it made us search for some open-sourced solutions. We tried to find one or 2 but ended up with more. So I decided it is quite a good list – why not reverse it into the post? 📝😀 The list of useful open-sourced tools: AppFlowy – managing tasks (Notion alternative) Bitwarden – password manager Cal – scheduling calls and meetings Chatwoot – chatting platform, customer support (something like Crisp) Dub – link management Excalidraw – a virtual collaborative whiteboard Ghost – publishing (something like Substack or Medium GIMP – graphic designs (something like Photoshop) Jitsi – video meetings (something like Zoom)) LibreOffice – something like Microsoft Office kit Nextcloud – cloud storage (something like Google Drive) OnlyOffice – creating documents Penpot – design, prototyping PhotoPrism – managing photos Screenity – screen recording TabbyML – for coding, copilot Thunderbird – email, newsfeed, chat, and calendaring client Volamail – Open source AI-powered email 🔗 Links for all of these are in the comments. 👇 Thanks, guys for completing the list: @pydubreucq TLDRaw – sketching @konrad_sx Blender – 3D graphics Inkscape – vector graphics @richardreeze Anytype – Notion alternative

Replies

Nastya Novichikhina
    Nika, thank you. I kept it for myself! I'll try something from this list tomorrow)
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    Nastya, that's nice. You can let us know what worked and if you can recommend/not recommend it :) @syr
    Two Heads
    Hi Nika, wow this is a great list! And I didnt know Bitwarden was open source; so cool!
    Two Heads
    @busmark_w_nika oh yess! I'll add some more when they pop in my mind :). Btw, just added you on X! Please check your DM :)
    @twoheads I couldn't find it. 😅 Do you have LI or so? Because it is possible that if you do not have a verification code, I didn't receive it. 🙈
    Two Heads
    @busmark_w_nika that’s so weird! I dont have a blue verification badge if that’s what you mean? The DM is sent though! Please look up @twoheadscrew on X
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    Thanks for sharing this, so helpful <*...*>
    jackCheng
    Awesome, thanks for the recommendation, I’m looking for tools and software related to image design
    Konrad S.
    Inkscape (vector graphics) - https://inkscape.org/ (Made my logos with it) Blender (3D graphics) - https://www.blender.org/
    Henry Habib
    Thanks for sharing! Btw, have you tried Cal? How does the free version compare to Calendly, and how’s the Outlook integration? Thanks!
    I tried it in the early stages so there were fewer features but I think they offered something like charging the price for a call. I had a good experience with that. :) @henry_habib
    @henry_habib Definitely try! I even think that I tried it first (I didn't have experience with calendly, I went for Cal first)
    BinaryCoder777
    It's greate. Thanks for your share.
    Megri.com
    Open-sourced tools are fantastic for boosting productivity and creativity. They offer powerful, customizable solutions at no cost, empowering you to tailor workflows to your needs. From project management to design software, these tools foster innovation and collaboration while providing transparency and community support. Embrace open-source for a more efficient and creative approach to work. Business Blog
    Toni
    Cal & Excalidraw are the best ! so much value and so many possiblities !
    murph
    Solid list. I love Bitwarden... Have used it for 5+ years. Ghost is awesome too -- I've used it on one project and was kind of shocked it was FOSS. It's so polished. On the other hand -- set up a self-hosted Nextcloud instance at one point back in the day, but UI/UX was too clunky. way behind google drive, dropbox, etc.
    @duffdevone Great to know others' personal experiences. When Drive runs out my space, maybe I will try Nextcloud :DDD Just kidding. I need to feel that the product is good to use it :)
    Star Boat
    I’ve personally used Bitwarden and it’s solid, definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a reliable password manager.
    Nathan Covey
    Great list! Thanks for putting this together. Hoping that CodeClimbers can be worthy to be on here some day 🙌
    @nathancovey If you also know some open-sourced platforms, feel free to share :) I will be completing the list :)
    Yashaswini Ippili
    Check out "Conva.AI" on PH, It's currently #2 on today's launches! I believe this would help, as you can create personalized assistants for your use cases. Feel free to try it out!
    Pierre-Yves Dubreucq
    Excalidraw is very nice tool! I'm using TLDRaw too https://www.tldraw.com/
    Arnav Ahuja
    Awesome list Nika! I've been looking for a screen recorder, so guess I'll go with Screenity! :)
    you are welcome! Hope it will help you for your future projects. I am gonna grow the list :D @arnav_ahuja
    Richard Reis
    AI Document Translator
    AI Document Translator
    Another cool open-source Notion alternative is AnyType
    Evan Christopher
    Thanks Nika for sharing those above! Haven't tried majority on the list xD and will definitely try it out for my startup :-)
    Shon Wu (Shon Wu)
    Love all, thanks for the recommendation
    Andreea S.
    Such a great list! Bitwarden and Cal are really useful tools. Thank you for sharing!