One hour brainstorming could have save me two weeks building...

Tin Chung
2 replies
I believe this mistake happens with most of startup builder after the ideation phase. Sometimes the idea is good but there is a huge blocker that you can hardly do anything with it. In my case, I got a huge blocker while building a data science project on top of Github API. After constructing all the data pipeline and scheduler, I just realize there is a limit of the public API Github offers. Hence, not a deadend but still make a project comes into a struggling position. I decided to postpone my project for now, the "never go to market" collection add one more. How about you? Have you ever experienced a similar situation that you regret not brainstorming more carefully?

Replies

YAZ M
collab sith Github if you can, if not why would the rate limits be a problem ? Cant you aggregate data each timeframe instead ? I created a script to parse an API with rate limits and pagination before. That shouldnt stop you
Tin Chung
@yaz_m I tried to fetch contributors of Linux repository and it blocks me in the first place from retrieving the data.