• Subscribe
  • On what occasion do you listen to podcasts/videocasts?

Today, I saw Tony's discussion ( @toni_pm ) and at the same moment, one thought blissed through my mind. Well, more questions. Could you please participate? 1️⃣ What is the average length of the podcast you can listen to? (h, min) 2️⃣ On what occasion do you listen to podcasts? (while commuting to work, exercising, doing house chores, etc. specify) 3️⃣ Do you have favourite creators? Share. 4️⃣ Additional: Do you only listen to video casts or also watch them? Actually, it could help us (videocasters/podcasters) to comprehend, how you consume video/audio content so we can improve in many aspects. Thanks for paying attention.

Replies

Rahul Agarwal
    Was to start listening to them, Any suggestions?
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @rahul_agarwal23 I usually go for a certain topic but really like Morning Maker Show with Sandra and Dan or if you would like to watch any videos, I started with my YouTube (link in my profile) :)
    jalaj
    I like to listen to 30-40 min podcast When I am doing house chores Marc Lou,Tony Dinh,Nico Both
    @jalajdu Good to know. Probably will be sticking to the 30 minutes format too.
    jalaj
    @busmark_w_nika while doing doing mundane tasks like house chores
    Kostya Bolshukhin
    @jalajdu Marc Lou is cool! Watch first yesterday
    jalaj
    @kostyabolsh Yeah he is awesome !!
    Dan O'Malley
    I only have the attention span actually to focus on a 30-ish-minute podcast. Lately, it's been Noah Kagan. But on long drives, I'll listen to longer comedy podcasts.
    @dan_o_malley Good to know. I found that where you listen to (or the activity you do) matters. Because when I have a workout, I am able to listen to about 2 hours :D
    Naomi | Beeyond AI
    I dive into podcasts/videocasts while commuting, working out, and cooking. They turn every moment into an adventure! 🎧✨
    Toni
    Great topic, that surely sparks my interest as well : 30 min on average (but some Business podcasts i listen to weekly last 1h30/2h) During exercise, house chores, wallks Favorite creators : Lenny's podcast, Alex fridman, Alex hormozi, French talk shows Mostly listen to video casts because i multi task, so watching would be distracting !
    @toni_pm I am the same when comes to consuming. Very interesting, many people mention Lenny's. I see him for the very first time. So will give it a try :) Thanks Tony :)
    Andy Chiang
    @toni_pm @busmark_w_nika Lenny's podcast is phenomenal - another endorsement there! I loved his episode "Redefining Success with Paul Millerd"
    Kostya Bolshukhin
    @toni_pm @busmark_w_nika Lennys is a must! Few great ones to bring you up to speed - Meltem Kuran Berkowitz, Head of Growth at Deel
    - Dharmesh Shah, CTO at Hubspot
    - Jason Freid, CEO at 37 signals
    Ridiculously good
    @toni_pm @kostyabolsh Okay, I think that I will be listening to these during my workouts. :D
    Alex AI
    Yes. I do. I have a favorite podcast. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/@Busines...
    @businessmarketingwithnika @byalexai Alex, that is so kind of you! Does it have something in common the fact you are a regular guest? :D
    Alex AI
    @businessmarketingwithnika @busmark_w_nika Oh, no, it's completely unrelated, pure coincidence. xDD Which reminds me: I haven't visited in the last few days. When will my next appearance be? xDD
    Federico Zuluaga Knorr
    1. Length depends on the topic, but 1 to 2 hours is perfect for me 2. l listen to podcasts almost every day, mostly in between my tasks throughout the day and during sports 3. This week I listened a lot to Lex Fridman & Lenny Rachitsky (Lenny's podcast) 4. I actually listen via Spotify and have my phone in my pocket
    @federico_zuluaga_knorr Between your tasks – this is crucial to me – not during the work, right? 4. Also interesting information, I think that started uploading them on Spotify again (I stopped it) but the feedback helps me to improve my decisions :) Thanks.
    Kehui Guo
    1. around 40 minutes to 1 hour 2. Commuting to work, Monday morning to start my work week, lunch time 3. Gill Gross - a tennis commentator, love his "Monday Match Analysis" series for tennis
    @kehui_guo Thank you :) This is kind of unknown to me – I am not a huge tennis fan but I really like the diversity here. I will check his approach to creating. :) Seems to be popular.
    Kostya Bolshukhin
    1) 1-1.5 h but for a very good, mind-blowing one (Like Lennys). For most business stuff, it's much easier if they keep it within 8-20 min. 2) Chores, before sleep, holidays, walks. 3) My list: — Dalton & Michael from YC https://www.youtube.com/playlist... — Lenny https://www.youtube.com/@LennysP... — Tommy Clark (niche, but good) https://www.youtube.com/@tclarkm... 4) My fav reason to get Youube premium is to listen-only podcasts. I watch, but not super close, can walk and etc
    @kostyabolsh 8 – 20 min.: This is a good length for me as an editor (but probably not enough for a YouTuber) – I need to have at least 3000 hours of watch time to be monetized :D So need to push it to 30 +. :D
    Kostya Bolshukhin
    @busmark_w_nika didnt kbie about 3kh rule, it's crazy
    Rebecca Johnson
    Don't like Podcasts at all
    @r_johnson_clich rather written content?
    April-li
    1.I realized that I spent several times as much time listening to podcasts as I did listening to music. 2.I listen to podcasts for about two hours a day, usually while I am washing, commuting, doing chores 3.The two columns I hear most often are the Saastr Podcast and Planet Money
    @aprilll Cool. I haven't heard about those 2 podcasts. Thanks for contribution! :)
    Ankur Sharma
    30 to 40 minutes and I listen to them during my morning walk and while going to office.
    Abhra Ch.
    @busmark_w_nika This is such a great topic! 😄 I'd be happy to share my habits. For me, the average length of a podcast I enjoy is around 30-45 minutes. I usually listen while commuting to work or doing house chores—it's a great way to make those tasks more enjoyable! 🚗🧹 As for favorite creators, I really love anything by Tim Ferriss and NPR's Hidden Brain. I generally prefer listening to audiocasts, but I do watch videocasts occasionally when I have the time. Keep up the great work, and thanks for the thoughtful questions! 😊
    Kushagra Singh
    1. i prefer clips or refer to chapters ~ max 10-20 mins 2. i find it productive so even in work hours 3. nah 4. i prefer watching hope that helps 🙂
    @kushagrajunior Wow, thanks :) I am really surprised that someone has the attention for 20 minutes videos :D I should be more precise with my post-process then :D
    Gurkaran Singh
    When it comes to podcasts/videocasts, I mainly tune in during long coding sessions as my virtual coding buddies! So, do you ever feel like your headphones are team members in your tech endeavors?
    Grace Rodriguez
    I usually listen to podcasts that are around 30 minutes to an hour long, mainly while commuting or doing chores. Joe Rogan and TED Talks Daily are favorites. I mostly listen to podcasts but watch videocasts occasionally for visual content.
    @grace_rodriguez Used to watch TEDx talks. Joe Rogan – new to me (I will have a look) :)
    @grace_rodriguez AAAA, that is that guys who smoked weed with Musk :D okay :D
    Nsikan Dickson
    I will listen for 30 minutes I hope that will be OK
    CY Zhou
    I usually listen to podcasts/videocasts during my morning commute or while working out. It’s a great way to stay informed and inspired without taking extra time out of my day.
    Sabaat Parasad
    1️⃣ I prefer to watch at least a 30 to 60 min long podcast or documentary. 2️⃣ I watch or hear those podcasts during commute or jogging in the park. 3️⃣ Yes, my favourite one is The Diary of a CEO & WTF 4️⃣ Sometimes especially when I am getting bored at home
    @sabaat_parasad uuu, I also like documentaries. What would you recommend to me? :)
    Fredric Cliver
    FCZP:Fully customised zenerative podcast
    During my daily commute, I typically spend 30-60 minutes listening to podcasts, with each episode averaging around 20 minutes. My primary interests are AI and tech. Given that about 95% of my listening happens during my commute, I prefer podcasts over video casts, as I often check inbox items in my workspace SaaS or email, or I use YouTube. My main challenge is finding the perfect episodes that match my interests. To address this, I'm developing a new application called https://fczp.app. I'm eager to hear ideas and suggestions from product hunters on how to improve it.
    @fredriccliver Thanks for sharing :) BTW, when it comes to screenshots in the smartphone mockups – I would list different images there because some of them are repeating. Try to create diversity. :)
    Fredric Cliver
    @busmark_w_nika Thanks for the feedback! That's a great point about the screenshots. I'll work on updating them to show off different aspects of the app. Thanks again for the suggestion! 😊