old player VS new player

Domas Sakavickas
9 replies
Imagine you're looking to buy an app and you have to choose between: Product A: It's been around forever, costs about €10 a month. Honestly, it's a bit clunky and not the prettiest to use, but it's got name recognition. Product B: It's the new kid on the block, asking for €15 a month. Not a lot of buzz around it yet, but all reviews are great. Great UX and is super simple to use. Now, if we're talking a small price gap (like the €10 to €15 here), do you find yourself digging deep into reviews and comparisons, or do you lean towards the familiar face, even though it's not perfect?

Replies

Ryan Zhang
In the evolving landscape of [XXX], it's fascinating to see how perspectives shift between old players like Domas Sakavickas and newcomers. Each brings invaluable insights, shaping the future in unique ways.
Ugine UX
Most of the time I would pick product B. Great UX&CX is key
Igor Lysenko
I will choose a product that will be convenient for me even if it costs more.
Lee
new player
Stephen Firecrow Silvernight
It you have control of the price I think this is backwards, the new product should start off costing less, then increase in price as it's dominance expands. Unless you can knock a value prop out of the park, but that's additional friction/pressure. I'm also a little surprised that you think a 50% added price is a small difference, any price difference over 12% of the comparison is significant.