• Subscribe
  • Not a professional photographer? How do you handle taking pictures of your products?

Fernando Doglio
    4 replies
    Next Monday I'm launching VirtualSnap, a product aimed at small DIY creators who can't really afford to pay for expensive professional photographers but still want to get that "professional look" on their product photos for their e-commerce sites. With this tool, you can snap "virtual" pictures of your products with the help of AI. If you're an indie DIY maker yourself, how do you handle this problem? Would a tool like VirtualSnap sound interesting to you?

Replies

Zeng
    WhoWhatWhyAi
    I used to just grab any free stock images available. And now with AI, I can make them myself. Especially with VirtualSnap. The quality of the photo is really good, hyper realistic!
    Fernando Doglio
    VirtualSnap: Virtual Product Photography
    VirtualSnap: Virtual Product Photography
    Thanks for the insight @zeng! Hyper-realism is definitely what I was after while building VirtualSnap. The aim was to never have to use another stock image, specially if they're free, because those same photos will pop-up in multiple design/sites. Now you get to create your own, unique, and royalty-free photos in seconds.
    Liz Worthy
    I think this sounds great! I have an Etsy site where I've sold everything from ceramics, greeting cards, and dish towels. Having great photography is key. I typically use my iphone on a tripod to snap pictures. I use natural light and do most pictures on my dining room table. I could definitely use help taking better pictures. Could you please share the link?
    Sammi Cen
    Thanks for sharing! Pictures in your collection or downloaded from the Internet are most likely to appear pixelated, blurry, or blocky. I have used an AI repair tool before, and the effect is quite good. If you are interested, you can learn about the latest AI technology. It may be useful to anyone in need, especially small businesses, who can use AI Product Image Generator to improve the sales.