No waiting list?

Rohan Pathak
4 replies
I've talked to at least 50 entrepreneurs in the past one month on product hunt. And I usually message them on the day they launch And I always ask them in the DMs: 'Did you email your waiting list about your launch?' Let me tell you what most of them tell me: 'Waiting list? I didn't build a waiting list' *sigh* Even if someone of them DO build a waiting list, they don't bother emailing them before the launch My question is this: 'If you never wanted to send emails to your launch list, why did you build it in the first place?' You can get 50% more users if you have an email campaign you send to waiting list before launch And with ChatGPT, i'm sure it wouldn't take more than ten minutes to write one email! so if you are a founder who is going to launch very soon - Make sure to build a waiting list and send emails regularly building up the hype of the product

Replies

Lukas
We built it, and we're gradually growing it. It's one of the simplest and most effective communication channels! So, yes, I highly recommend doing it!
Rohan Pathak
@lukas_nedo It is low hanging fruit so why wouldn't someone use it? good to see that you are aware about this already so you have cut 80% of the competition this way!
Brian Hurst
I totally agree with this: we've got a waitlist. Seems like a huge waste of time to not market your product and grab leads until you're actually out the door. If people are curious and are willing to be notified when your product actually launches, absolutely take advantage of that!
Rohan Pathak
@brianhurst I absolutely agree with this - if they are genuinely interested in your product it's your duty to give them updated about your launch and build up the hype leading up to the product launch