New to SEO - specifically in SaaS - Any insight re: resources?

Daniel Zaitzow
15 replies
I'd love to start to sink my teeth into SEO and how to best rank for certain key words. I've done research and my wife has an SEO team but I am curious if anyone has any niche resources as they directly relate to Software / Marketing / SaaS etc?

Replies

Marina
I would recommend trying Mangools SEO tools. We offer a suite of features that can help you understand keyword rankings, competitor analysis, and backlink strategies. Additionally, Mangools has a rich blog filled with SEO knowledge and a Free SEO Academy that covers all the essential basics.
Julia Zakharova
start with the base: keywords from google trends and yandex wordstat, google console and yandex webmaster will tell you what queries come to you, yoastseo plugin for blog. Semrash, Ahref and other tools are not the base, this is when you already understand that in front of you for SaaS)
Daniel Zaitzow
@julia_zakharova2 Amazing - are there any newsletters or key resources you use to keep your toolkit sharp?
Fazeel N
Welcome to the world of SEO, especially for Software as a Service (SaaS)! SEO for SaaS can be a bit different from other industries due to its focus on B2B, long sales cycles, and highly technical audiences. Here are some insights and resources to get you started: Key SEO Concepts for SaaS Keyword Research: Long-Tail Keywords: SaaS buyers often search for specific solutions to their problems, so long-tail keywords are crucial. https://easydriveae.com/ Buyer Intent Keywords: Understand the different stages of the buyer's journey (awareness, consideration, decision) and target keywords accordingly. Content Marketing: Educational Content: Create blog posts, whitepapers, case studies, and guides that address the pain points of your target audience. Product Pages: Optimize these for conversion with clear value propositions, features, and benefits. Landing Pages: Create dedicated landing pages for different keywords and PPC campaigns. Technical SEO: Site Speed: Ensure your site loads quickly. Mobile Optimization: Many users will access your site from mobile devices. Structured Data: Use schema markup to help search engines understand your content. Backlink Strategy: Quality over Quantity: Focus on getting backlinks from authoritative and relevant sites. https://crosbyarborist.com/ Guest Blogging: Write guest posts on reputable industry blogs. Partnerships and Collaborations: Work with other companies or influencers in your space.
Daniel Zaitzow
@fazeel_n Super insightful - I will check out both links! Are you someone who specializes in SEO?
Usman Arshad
hrefs has loads of free resources to learn how SEO works, there is nothing specific about SaaS to learn
QING LI
Great to see your interest in SEO for SaaS! Moz's Beginner's Guide to SEO - A comprehensive guide that covers the basics and more advanced strategies. Backlinko - Brian Dean offers some great, actionable SEO tips and case studies specifically for SaaS. Ahrefs Blog - Focuses on data-driven SEO strategies and often includes niche topics related to software and marketing. GrowthHackers - A community where you can find and discuss various growth and SEO strategies. SaaS-specific SEO tools - Consider tools like Clearscope for content optimization and Surfer SEO for on-page SEO strategies tailored to SaaS. Understanding the unique aspects of SEO in the SaaS space, like targeting long-tail keywords and creating content that addresses specific pain points of your target audience, is crucial. Consistent experimentation and learning from your analytics will also be key to improving your rankings. Good luck with your SEO journey!
Daniel Zaitzow
@pdftopdf Do you have links to all of these? Looks really interesting.
In addition to what others have suggested, always look into your competitors. If they are already established, it means market is there. Look into their social posts, hashtags they use, look them up on google and check their serp wordings and ads.
Gurkaran Singh
Ah, diving into the world of SEO for SaaS - an exciting journey! If you're looking for niche resources, consider exploring SaaS-specific blogs like Ahrefs and Moz for tailored insights. Remember, unraveling SEO mysteries is a bit like debugging code - challenging but oh-so rewarding!
Daniel Zaitzow
@thestarkster yea I hear that - I am knee deep and just need to dig into the right resources vs all of the resources ahah