New iPhone 14 - eSIM only

Irina Gheorghiu
11 replies
Hey all, I would like to get your thoughts on the new eSIM-only iPhone 14 feature. Have you ever tried eSIM before? Was it easy to install in your opinion? Do you think all future phones will be manufactured eSIM only?

Replies

Alex Shawn
If I bought any physical sim just like 4G sim card Bali would it will be work in this iphone? If you have any idea do let me know.
Irina Gheorghiu
@alex_shawn Hey Alex, if the iPhone you wouldl have at that time is eSIM only then the SIM card would not be able to be insterted and therefore won´t work!
Ann Fibe
eSim is very easy to use. I didn't have any problems installing it. What about apple plummeting customer interest iphone 13 nowhere near expectations http://www.kds.com.ua/apple-plum...
Ahmad Mazaal
I have used an eSIM during my flight and it was very helpful and easy to Install! I think the era of eSIM will rise!
Gene Felten
I think it’s the new wave of telecommunications. eSIMs are going to replace physical SIMs
Nick Fidale
That's an interesting question. I think as the demand for longer-lasting batteries increases each year, eSIM fits this narrative. I strongly believe going into the future most phones, especially flagships will be eSIM only and have stronger batteries. I am sure installing and activating an eSIM will be a much easier process in the long run.
Rashad Ataf
As I know about Apple, they always research the market for a long period of time before making any decisions about their products. And their adoption of eٍSIM as the only default method in the iPhone 14 is a testament to the effectiveness of this technology. I personally didn't try the eSIM yet, but I know many people who did. Very easy, a few steps, a variety of plans and packages to suit all needs, without making any extra effort to replace the physical SIM, 100% digital.
Jan Lattunen
Hi Irina, Since the birth of the first eSIM solution from AT&T in 2011 it's been a long time coming. I think it's cool and I like how it enables new companies like yours and mine to be a kind of OTT Mobile Services provider. I wrote an article a few weeks ago on why I think Apple removed the SIM Tray. https://www.simplexwireless.com/...
Holiday eSIM
I used a travel eSIM for Asia during my international travel and it was the best experience ever. It was really convenient to use and easy to install than the physical sim card. I think eSIM will rise in future.