Need recommendations for text based technical course creation platform.

Muhammad Haseeb
4 replies
I want to launch a text-based course on data engineering fundamentals but am unable to find available tools for that. Educative is one option but they are taking a huge chunk for managing of course launch so it has been ruled out. I'm looking for a tool that helps in course creation, I'll take care of launching the course on my own.

Replies

Toli
I'm actually also in the same domain, and struggling with the same problem. I'm doing courses on programming fundamentals (https://akmetiuk.com/scala-intro) in text and video format. So far, my stack is: - GatsbyJS-based blog where I publish the text as a separate section. - Video seminars go to YouTube. - Community lives on a Discord server. - Events are automated using Make.com and Airtable to manage all the data. It's kind of a mess, and the courses are free so far, but it works, I have around five people regularly attending my lectures. The only missing piece of the puzzle is interactive code exercises. For that, I'm planning to switch to NextJS + AWS Lambda to run the code. What courses are you trying to make? What are your requirements for the platform? What solutions have you considered so far?
Muhammad Haseeb
@anatoliik Interactive text based courses mainly in data engineering domain. I considered educative but it's taking huge cut for publishing. I'm looking for no-code course creation tool.
Toli
@iammhaseeb and what features would you like on the platform? E.g. interactive assignments, community management, subscription handling... What's the most important feature for you?