• Subscribe
  • my first launch, my bronze, and new perspectives... Let's discuss first launches?

Alexander Alkor
    4 replies
    hey friends! Today I've launched my first product. While I'm not a co-founder or even a tech lead of it, I'm doing the most of the work regarding its promotion among the community. So, I'm answering comments, negotiating on promoting us, and doing different other stuff. It doesn't seem our launch will be something special, and guys from Osmos already have much more hype :))) which is good, I think, as we aren't planning to give up in our business endeavor! For me, it's an experience that can teach me how to reach my goals, how to create truly cool products that can change the world for the better and realize my inner desires. Sure, there were a lot of mistakes, tens of them actually (I was sooo clumsy in social communication at least lol), and I try to analyze them and learn from them. What was your first launch? Was it your indie project, a content, or you were a part of the larger company? What did you feel, and what have you learned? Were you upset, or delighted? Hope to hear your opinions and messages, friends and fellows! Feel free to share anything:)

Replies

Keira Stump
    Congrats on yours first launch! My first one was pretty chaotic, too. I worked on a small app with a friend, and we made tons of mistakes in timing and community engagement. It was a humbling experience, but I learned so much about communication and marketing.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    Congrats – getting experience is also important :) The good thing about launches is that people do not have so many hate (or any hate) comments so it is quite manageable. When I had the first launch, I also managed everything on my own – but this platform was smaller, without bots and I received less comments so it wasn't a "full-time job" :D Now, it is harder with increasing number of users and comments :)
    Emery Steele
    My first launch was an indie project, and honestly, it felt like a rollercoaster. I was both excited and stressed. We didn’t get a lot of traction, but the experience taught me more than I ever expected about user feedback and the importance of pre launch community building.
    Nora Green
    It's awesome that you're embracing the experience and learning from your mistakes. My first launch wasn’t great either part of a small team, and we barely made a splash. But it gave me the confidence to keep iterating and improving for the next time.