• Subscribe
  • My elderly mother doesn't sleep well

Kriss Hiler
    4 replies
    Hello friends. I want to ask you what kind of sleep problems do old people have now? I am just really worried about my mom, because lately she has not been sleeping well she is 60 years old and after the last 3 years she has really been having trouble sleeping recently this problem has become even bigger and she is complaining that she is not as awake anymore and cannot get a good night's sleep. Could she have some sort of sleep disorder? Can this be self-diagnosed?

Replies

Richard
    @kriss_hiler My friend, I want to tell you that you don't worry about your mother for nothing, because a lot of changes are starting to happen in an old person who is over 60 years old, and they are making her sleep worse. And as we all know by now, sleep is very important. I found out on one reputable resource that poor sleep can be related to what medications you take, and all old people take a lot of medications in particular. The doctor in the judicial states of America treats this well and prescribes a lot of medication. I'm over 70 years old now and I'm a dick of a lot of good advice. Most of them feeding came with experience , and unfortunately about came from various articles I read. But I'm glad that this experience came. Generally you can take medical tests to make sure if you have any problems with sleep. You can google examples of such tests, and I'll give you the name: Electroencephalogram (EEG), Multiple sleep latency test (MSLT), Polysomnography (PSG) - These are all medical tests you can take. There are also self-diagnostic methods, but I wouldn't trust him. There is a lot of information about it but I am too lazy to write it. It is better to read from the resource from which I took most of the information https://gojourney.app/sleep-diso... , about the problems of sleep that come with old age. Here you can read it, it is very interesting and informative, I trust it. I hope your mom gets rid of all the problems.
    Okalitov terikol
    In general, I communicate on this forum on other topics, but the title of your topic really interested me. My mom had the same problem and I would like to chat about it. Would it be possible for you to win to describe in more detail the whole problem and in general, what she is feeling? If our symptoms are similar, the symptoms of our glorious moms, then we could really help each other solve it somehow and share, some tricks we already know. Don't go anywhere, maybe I'll still call myself my mom and we'll chat together.
    zip zipulia
    @okalitov_terikol You always amaze people like you. I have never looked for such solutions on the forum and the person who asked this question may just look for some advice. Still, I recommend him not to procrastinate and go to the doctor right away, but the advice he reads here. He can use as a supplement. I would advise you to read some scientific articles. I think it's more interesting. Maybe someone here can share some scientific article too would be very cool.
    Zandar Zandariec
    I just called my mom and she told me not to ask you stupid questions. Just kidding, I didn't call anyone on a really stupid question, though maybe there's an answer to it? Look, I'm totally out of the mood right now and I want to ruin it for someone else. All right, so be that as it may, I'll give one little piece of advice you need to be more active in order to sleep well. This applies to people of any age, but it is the old age, and for this advice is the most appropriate.