• Subscribe
  • Monthly revenue surpassed $10K+, and ranked second on Product Hunt. How did I manage to do it?

Morgan Kung
    9 replies
    I'm Morgan, the founder of Gemoo. FocuSee is a sub-product under Gemoo. The link of the FocuSee product is https://gemoo.com/focusee/?utm_source=reddit. Currently, the monthly revenue has exceeded $10K, and it ranked second on Product Hunt. Here I'll share with you how I achieved this. First of all, let me share with you how I got the results on Product Hunt. It ranked second on the day of PH, with 844 upvotes, bringing 1,737 traffic to the FS product page, 737 likes, and 26 sales, with a sales amount of $1,367.57. ProductHunt Release Strategy First, publish a ProductHunt Discussion. This was also gained from the release strategies of other Indie Makers. Don't publish the product immediately. Be active on ProductHunt initially. ProductHunt Discussion is a community where everyone can discuss freely, so it can be more relaxed. Randomly, I started a discussion. In fact, many friends who are active on ProductHunt also have their own products to promote. So as long as you interact with others, they are willing to support you. Interact more with posts related to your own product. When interacting, you can introduce your product. If someone comments and he has also released a product, then you can vote for his release. After voting for him, when I release my product, ask him to vote for me. Isn't this interaction established! ProductHunt release time (key) What I find extremely useful in PreviewHunt is the release time reminder in the upper left corner! It refers to a crucial point - releasing at 00:00 in San Francisco time can obtain the maximum exposure. There is a display of local time on the far right end. I. Preparations before the release 1. Don't launch the product right away. Firstly, be active on ProductHunt. For instance, you can initiate a topic in ProductHunt Discussion. This is a community where everyone can chat, so you can be more relaxed. 2. Release a reservation and schedule the listing in advance. Mark down the date. The product will be on the launching soon list and there will be a link for users to know the date. You can find relevant tutorials on ProductHunt. 3. Copywriting - Copywriting is extremely important. Don't merely emphasize the functions. It should be more comprehensible copywriting, highlighting the pain points you solve. That is, within 6-8 words, others can understand what the product does. Obscure and impressive copywriting is not suitable here. The copywriting that needs to be written includes three parts: ① Tagline: Clearly state what your product can do in one sentence. Use simple language that even primary school students can understand. It is recommended to take a look at the slogans of competing products and then finalize the version. ② Description: You can check out the writing methods of other products on PH. Usually, it is three sentences. The first sentence introduces the positioning of my product, the second sentence introduces the functions of the product, and the third sentence introduces the value of the product. There are also word count restrictions, so you can take a look at the copywriting of others for modification. ③ First comment: Introduce your product in the tone of the founder. This doesn't require much ingenuity and creativity in copywriting and there is no word count limit. You can refer to the copywriting of other products for reference and write. 4. Images and videos are necessary - Cool and with a sense of design, but this depends on everyone's aesthetic, so it's up to you. The video needs to be uploaded to YouTube in advance because PH only accepts YouTube links for videos. The video style also varies from person to person, and whether there is narration depends on personal preference or product requirements. There are many screen recording software available. My product, FocuSee, can assist in recording videos.https://gemoo.com/focusee/?utm_source=reddit II. On the release day ① Check the uploaded materials carefully once again to ensure they are complete and accurate. ② After the release, first confirm if your product can be seen on the PH homepage. Generally, there won't be an issue. If it's not on the homepage, contact customer service immediately. Votes are not disclosed in the first four hours, but they can be seen by clicking on the details. If it's not on the homepage, users will to some extent make blind choices. The position in the first four hours is crucial and will have an impact on the subsequent ranking. After four hours, the votes can be seen. Products with more votes will be ranked higher. ③ On the release day, you can embed the badge into the official website so that natural traffic to the official website can also click on it. ④ You can also post a discussion on the release day. ⑤ Be sure to reply to comments promptly. Reply to every comment. ⑥ It's not that there will be traffic and registrations immediately once it's released! ⑦ The ranking is not solely determined by the number of votes. There are also some interaction bonus mechanisms. After successfully topping the list, remember to share the achievement on social media. I hope we can be not only the number one on the list! I hope my sharing is helpful to everyone. You are also welcome to share your own experiences in the comment area. If you find it useful, please interact with me in the comment area. Next, I will continue to update on how to attract traffic on ProductHunt.

Replies

Trisha Sinha
    Hi Morgan! Thank you so much for sharing. As someone prepping for it, this was super helpful!
    John Rousopoulos
    Hi Morgan, thanks for sharing! I am launching the SmartXiv on August 6th! I would be more than happy to hear your thoughts and feedback! SmartXiv is an AI-powered Personalized arXiv Digest helping researchers, students and professors to save time and effort.
    Morgan Kung
    @john_rousopoulos It sounds great! With the current popularity of artificial intelligence, I think it would be a good idea to post on the educational community on Reddit once it's launched. I'm sure that with a post that clearly demonstrates how it can double the productivity of educators, there will be many users who will want to try it out. Good luck, my dear friend!
    Sumith
    This is highly helpful. please continue sharing your knowledge here. Also how much time did you take to reach 10k USD per month through indie hacking? like when did you start your journey?
    Morgan Kung
    @sumith2 Gemoo is a company I founded 22 years ago, when I was creating small products. There was no revenue at the time, but through those small products, I gained a lot of experience. In 23, I started developing Focusee, which took me six months to complete and was launched in October 23. After launching Focusee, I used my experience from the small products to operate it. In January of this year, I reached a monthly revenue of $10,000. I will continue to share my experiences here, hoping they will be useful to you, my dear friend.
    Shreya Ranpariya
    Great insight, as someone launching on 8th. This are helpful tips. https://www.producthunt.com/prod... - do you think title and description is okay? should i update?
    Morgan Kung
    @shreya_gr Of course, I'd be happy to provide the following suggestions: 1. AI is currently very popular, so the introduction slide should include more relevant materials related to AI, and the design style of the introduction slide should lean more towards a tech style to highlight the user pain points and attract attention. 2. Do you have a video introduction for your product? 3. After the release, you can post the first comment, detailing the development process of the product and how it solves user pain points. Encourage users to actively use and provide feedback. AI is currently a very hot product, and with solid product features combined with marketing, there will definitely be good market feedback. Good luck!