• Subscribe
  • Marketers: How do you deal with the negativity?

Charlotte Chiang
    3 replies
    I think we've all been there - you launch your product, it's exhilarating, positive feedback and new users comes rolling in...and then, a stranger on the Internet (who may have never even tried your product/service) leaves one negative comment that brings down your whole vibe. What are your best tips for developing a thick skin and brushing it off? What is your policy on responding to these comments? How do you keep the team encouraged when this happens?

Replies

Carter Michael
    I would say just look at all the positive comments. Lets say you got 30 positive comments and one negative one. A 30:1 ratio is pretty good! To respond to that comment I'd try and look at what the message is saying beneath the negativity. If it's complaining about lets say wait times, I would just respond to the "issue" they're critiquing and not the negative vibe of the comment (if that makes sense).
    Hello_Joy
    We don't necessarily need to receive positive feedback from all users. Instead, we should focus on what they say about our product, even if their response is negative. If we can identify the core value and find out what we missed with our customers, then the other feedback won't matter as much. I try to keep this in mind. Cheer up!
    Charlotte Chiang
    @joy_eom Love the perspective of looking at everything as an experiment and finding the learning value :)