• Subscribe
  • Made it to Product Of the Day, Ask me anything

Aditya Chavan
    10 replies
    Here are my learnings: - We launched without scheduling and managed to hit #5 - Assets: Product Profile .gif; 1 Video & 3-4 Images - I believe a planned launch could have helped us to secure #1 - Active user on the launch day are more important than rest of the buzz, so never launch on a holiday. - We used LinkedIn to spread the word about our Launch - Product users hardly signed up on PH to support - People who supported the launch hardly signed up on the Product - 1 PH Users = 100 users acquired from Google Ads. - We have 0 junk signups, everyone who signed up actually wanted to get more of the product - People read long descriptions if you add emojis Drop a commend if you have more questions. I am helping founders launch on PH for free, so do ping me on LinkedIn if you need more help. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. -

Replies

ISTIAK AHMAD
    hey Aditya, Huge congrats on snagging the Product of the Day spot. Your learnings are a treasure trove for us PH enthusiasts. I would love to see a complete Case Study posted by you regarding your launch journey ( : 👊
    Carol Moh
    Thanks for the insights, and congrats on getting #5! 🚀 In regards to "1 PH Users = 100 users acquired from Google Ads" why is that? Also, as an avid emoji user, I am happy to hear that this will encourage more people to read the description! 🙌
    Aditya Chavan
    @carolmoh great question. Most PH users will show their support by upvoting or in comments, a very few who read through the product description and images will give it a try. In my experience when a Google Ads user gives you 1-2 min before dropping off, a PH users will read about you on website, on PH, on LinkedIn and will then try. if they don't like they will take the efforts to find you on LinkedIn and give a feedback. I think thats invaluable.
    Rihab Zaidi
    Congrats and thanks for sharing this! Do you have any specific communities you recommend on LinkedIn on any strategy or did you just rely on personal networks? - also, regarding this point "product users hardly signed up on PH to support" does that mean the email campaign you pushed to your users wasn't fruitful?
    Aditya Chavan
    @rihab_zd Let's connect on LinkedIn or you can drop an email on adityakchavan@gmail.com and I can share the strategy with you. And yes to show support one must signup to Product Hunt. we have a B2C product with more than 100k users and we did send out an email. I doubt anyone tried to signup on PH let alone support us. But yes this could be different if your users are already on PH.
    Sophia Williams
    Hey Aditya! Your insights on launching a product on Product Hunt are really valuable. I'm about to launch my own product soon and would love to get some advice from you. Also, I'd really appreciate your feedback once my product is live. Feel free to click on the "Notify" button to get notified when it's ready. Thanks in advance for your help!