Lost my 60-day streak. Here are the brutal lessons:

Alexander Galitsky
13 replies
1. It hits hard. One day you're on top of the world with your first paying customer and $9.99 in your virtual pocket that you already planned how to spend…the next you're waking up realizing you've lost something that meant much more than that… 2. Not getting that sweet, sweet dopamine hit in the morning is a tough pill to swallow. You will have to find another way to satisfy your ego while you’re trying to set up a new streak. 3. Showing up every day is hard, but if you pull it off, seeing that you added one more day to your streak will warm you up better than mulled wine in harsh winter.

4. This failure is gonna make me stronger, and I'm gonna start it over like nothing happened. Ever. 
p.s. 
Anyone know if there’s a support group for those who lost their streaks?

Replies

Jake
Just shake off the dust and keep running 🤞 There is no point in wasting time dwelling on failures. Learn a lesson and let's move on 🔥
Eden
> 
Anyone know if there’s a support group for those who lost their streaks? LOL i really need this, i lost my streak every time i get to ~30
Archie Max
Don't focus too much on virtual signals such as your streak on Product Hunt. That's not what matters. What matters is how productive you are. No-one can be productive each and every day. We all have our off days and we all need rest from time to time. Focus on your end-game, regardless of what your streak count is on a specific platform. That streak count doesn't pay the bill or generate success. It's you who does that. Stay focused and stay determined!
Sherry L
I need to join this group of people who lost their streaks! LOL
Adrian Taropa
With @archiemax on this one. Streaks are nice, but ultimately it matters how much you get done. Congratulations on that first sale, hopefully the first of many 🔥
Franklyn Dang
Thank you for your sharing!
Prem Saini
I lost my streak too!😌
Igor Lysenko
I once lost day 71 on PH and was very upset.
Joseph Thomas
Hey there! Your resilience is admirable. Losing a streak can be tough, but your mindset of bouncing back stronger is the key. As for a support group, consider checking out online communities or forums where fellow entrepreneurs share their experiences and support each other through challenges. Remember, setbacks are just setups for comebacks! 💪🚀