• Subscribe
  • Looking to build a community for your business? I'm happy to help!

TheBigK
    11 replies
    I've been a growth marketer and a community builder for over 18 years. Here's a secret growth hack I learned: Community is your biggest growth and highest RoI asset. Nothing comes close. If you are looking to build a community and need help, ask your questions below or connect with me. I'll be happy to help.

Replies

LDJ Beatless
    Buffup.AI
    Launching soon!
    This is great! Building a community indeed has huge potential for business growth. One question I have is how to initially engage and attract the right members to start the community? Also, what strategies can be used to keep the community active and growing in the long - term?
    TheBigK
    @ldj_beatless Interesting and important question. The key is to have a good amount of painkiller content on your community. It's necessary to create instant value for your potential members that they want to be a part of the community. Keeping users engaged is a constant challenge, especially that most modern platforms focus on members creating discussions and asking questions. In order to solve this problem, I'm building a new community platform that has mechanism inbuilt to keep your members engaged; and bring more organically. IF you're building a community, I'd love to talk to you.
    Natalia Toth
    Hey, a super interesting topic! What are the products that most benefit from building a community? (industries) Does it make sense to create a community around any product?
    TheBigK
    @natalia_toth My last comment vanished for unknown reasons. I'll type a new one. 1. Almost every online business (B2B, B2C) can benefit from building a community. For example, if you are unsure - you can always start a support community. It could be a goldmine for attracting potential users through power of SEO. How? The questions people post about your product or in general, can attract a very niche segment of users. If you are looking to build a community (or unsure), I'll be happy to discuss specific use case. 2. I usually don't like to tie a community around a product. You'll have to tap into the higher motivation. Think of the issue or pain-point your product solves; and that can present you with an opportunity to build a community. For example, if your product email marketing / automation software - you have an opportunity to build a community for email marketers and discuss issues , questions, around email marketing. It'd be a niche community with a power to attract new users on autopilot.
    Lily Mae Anderson
    Definitely communities around software tools/products are key - helps drive engagement, advocacy, feedback. Also effective for hobby/passion-based products to build superfan communities. But gotta be authentic, provide real value to members. Generic 'community' around commodity products probably won't take off. Focus on empowering your biggest advocates and delivering unique experiences/access. Just my 2 cents!
    TheBigK
    @lilymaeanderson Perfect. Generic communities are very difficult to grow. That's why I love niche communities around specific interest or pain-point. I've been able to grow many niche communities. @lilymaeanderson - are you building any community?
    Brody Slade
    Hey! I completely agree that community is key to growth. We're building AnonAI, a privacy-first generative AI tool, and I'd love to hear your tips on how we can foster an active and engaged community around it. Any advice on getting users to not just join, but become advocates and contributors?
    TheBigK
    @brody_slade Not sure how I missed your message. I looked at your PH launch and your value proposition. Your target users are the ones who value privacy (correct me) and want to use AI. The key to building a thriving community would be to address their common pain-points. How do you do that? My recommended way is to find the most common questions around privacy, data security in AI and answer them on your community. A community needs to generate instant value for the potential members to be interested in joining. This also builds confidence in them that their questions are being answered and motivates to join and participate in the community. The UGC is a goldmine for organic traffic; and it continues to be the most underrated growth hack. Plus, every community needs to think beyond just questions and answers. I am building something that might be interesting to you. I'll send over a DM over X if you wish to discuss this further.
    Shelah
    Hey! Giving ya a follow.