• Subscribe
  • Looking for feedback from people managers!

Yannell Selman
    6 replies
    How do you know when your team is burning out? What solutions do you currently use? What is working/not working? (I'm Co-Founder/CEO of Cultiveit, and our app - Burnout Bot - helps teams automate burnout prevention. We're looking for feedback on how we can grow our impact on teams, especially for start-ups!)

Replies

Alfonso Alvarez
    Me again. We're literally in the same track haha... I've a couple of interviews documented from people managers. My co-founder is one. Happy to talk if you want! (I won't spam you more with this haha. Just find it funny we're literally asking the same questions and we could join forces)
    Yannell Selman
    @aalvz Nice! I’m curious what are some of the insights you’ve learned re: burnout??
    Alfonso Alvarez
    @yannell_selman Probably the most important one so far: Individuals don't care much about this problem IMHO until they live it. Seniors and managers are the ones concerned about this. What about you? What are some insights?
    Heleana Grace
    For me, it's hard to figure it out on my own, that's why I do my best to create an environment where my team feels safe and comfortable enough to tell me when they feel burnt out. My solutions usually depend on each individual, though they usually just need a task or a project that's different than the ones they usually have and gets their creativity going.
    Yannell Selman
    @heleana Great callout re: task switching! Getting cognitive distance from what you’re working on can help replenish those cognitive resources. Re: measurement, yes, small teams often can just talk directly! We’ve found it’s harder for diverse folks or for less experienced folks to speak up, especially as there’s still a stigma around burnout. Our app has automated tracking for burnout indicators - maybe helpful eventually to you all!!