Launching alone is not easy!

Neel Patel
17 replies
We are trending #2. It all looks great outside. But it's not that fancy. We felt out within a few hours of launch. Struggled to get fake negative reviews off our amazing product. Constantly chased by bigger products(in size or in authority) So I conclude that it is not that easy as someone just starting out. Hope to get some love if you haven't- https://www.producthunt.com/post...

Replies

Max Cameron
Launching soon!
What were your goals heading into the launch? A certain number of signups? A certain amount of constructive feedback? Inbound from investors? Or was it just about getting #1 on the leaderboard? You can never control all the variables, especially the other companies that launch the same day as you. I just hope you guys were able to get some quality traffic to your site and generate the insights you need to move forward. Congrats tho - it's been fun to watch your launch today :)
Neel Patel
@maxcameron That's been some interesting questions. I gave it enough thoughts and we were actually looking for just good # of signups. But feels like the game they have set up here, you tend to lose focus. It just made me think #1 would do a lot good than #2 in terms of signups. Thanks man! I love this kind of conversations - made me reflect and care less :)
Philipp Jackson
@maxcameron @neelptl2602 being #2 is no shame, you did amazing job and made your best to compete huge companies, everyone understand it (who knows what PH is, by the way, cos others don't even matter about your place on it).
Philipp Jackson
Neel, I feel your pain, but Petcube is huuuge. And there's cute animals video. No chances πŸ˜…
Kate Ramakaieva
@neelptl2602 just a luck (or not) to launch with them! but #2 is a great result and you did your best so it is very well deserved!
Kane
Launching soon!
You are a great role model, and you inspire us. I will also launch alone and fight!
Austin Armstrong
You still did a great job man! You have been so active here and I am not even halfway what you are doing. But still, Congratulations and we are here for you all the way!
Jinkal Patel
🚨 Update: Trending at #2 on Product Hunt, but faced setbacks. πŸ˜• Lost over 200 upvotesβ€”some glitchy business. Dealing with the bumps, fighting fake reviews, and competing with giants. Starting out is tough, but your support means the world. 🌍 Check us out: https://www.producthunt.com/post... Thanks for backing us up! πŸ’œ
Maria Anosova πŸ”₯
Anyway, you guys are awesome! And your product is awesome! Next time we'll get 1st place!
yes it is not easy, but you did a GREAT job Neel πŸ‘