Launch a new free tool: is it worthy?๐Ÿ”งโš™๏ธ

Hi community! I have launched BaliBam at the beginning of February. It was a great experience and reached #5! Now, I'm launching a free tool under BaliBam's umbrella. It's mainly made for SEO. Do you think it's worth launching on Product Hunt even if I won't be featured?

Replies

Burak BUDAK
I believe this is the answer: It's mainly made for SEO. :) Go for it.
@burakbudak but are you aware if PH will then penalize me?
For sure I'll get some visibility. But... is it really worth it?
Oxana
@alessio_mavica worth it! This way you can tell more about your product and show that its constantly growing / improving, etc
Oxana
@alessio_mavica they have a restriction, if it's the same product, then update can be done in 6 mo, or you need to convince them that the update is major one
Fabian Maume
If your goal is SEO it makes sense. A product hunt launch gives you a do-follow link. You don't need to finish in the top 5 to get this benefit, so just don't over-invest in your promotion.
Lisa Steingold
Launches as you know are alot of fun but also demanding. If you feel you have the time and energy great but I always think it's better to focus on the end goal. PS Would love to try the free SEO tool!
Lisa Steingold
@alessio_mavica oops ๐Ÿ˜‚ I got too SEO happy for a second. Then what @fabian said ๐Ÿ˜€. Of course will support the launch.
Olivia
I think it depends on the long-term strategy
Aris Nakos
Always worth it! Improves the reach of your original product and your brand.
Carlos Aponte
It probably is, you will have to put some effort into the launch (you know the drill already) but it can give you extra visibility.