Last year, my startup got acquired. This year, I am coming back with an even better product.

Udit Akhouri
8 replies
Hello everyone, this is Udit Akhouri and if you ever wondered what happens after a founder's startup gets acquired, this post is for you. Last year, in February, I received an acquisition offer for my enterprise software from one US-based marketing company. I happily had it acquired and with the money in-hand, started an early-stage venture fund. By May, same year, more investors invested inn and we had over 5Miilion in early-stage fund for Aim Capital. And for past 18 months, I have been spending my work hours as a Principal at Aim Capital. But, this isn't me. I loved to build product and so do I now. Now, when an acquisition happens, you often sign a non-competence with the firm. This means, you won't start any project within the defined niche. I am no different. So, I waited for 18 months and secretly improved the product. This improvement is so much so, that I have already written 25-page of detailed research, comprising of customers insights, their problems and possible solutions. A week ago, I applied for a NOC and now, I can build products in the same domain. That's why, I am soon launching Stabl AI. This, as the name says, creates stable web apps for SME businesses to adapt technological automation and see high-growth in their business journey. The key insight is that even most SMEs in the US are adapting technology, they are not harvesting the actual powers that it possesses. More than 100M websites over the internet are sick landing pages. This isn't tech implementation. I am talking about centralized systems (apps) for businesses to manage their business with an easy UI. Yes, think of it as if you are a business coach. You have clients who want to take mentorship from you. They want to buy your products and courses and feel connected with you. So, what you do for that? You use Calendly to schedule calls. Build courses using some 3rd party tool. Sell products via the website or Shopify and landing pages through ClickFunnels. What if all this was controlled by a tech implementation? Your 1 app where clients can come, talk, schedule, buy and enroll in you and your stuffs. It's that simple. And with Stabl AI, building software like that is as simple as talking with your bestfriend. Thanks to the NLP-based AI. What you must take away from here is that non competence is way important than it appears. And even the term is over, taking a NOC or no objection certificate helps you a lot.

Replies

Manuel Ogomigo
Hi, great product plus I love the name ☺️ Nice to see you going back again to what you love. I would love to know if you would need a product designer in working on the UX and UI. I would love your feedback on that You can connect with me at manuelogomigo at gmail.com Thanks :)
Software Guy (Aarvy)
Hi, I would like to know more about your product so that I can write a detailed review on my blog. I mainly review SaaS products. Please connect with me at thesoftwareguy1994 at gmail.com with your name and product details. I would love to hear from you.
Markee Jimm
Thanks for sharing it here. Really appreciate your struggle. As we have recently started https://babanapk.com/dragon-batt... so going to apply some of your strategy on it. And could make it successful. As your post will be helpful for us.
Elliana James
Hi Udit, Thank you for sharing your experience and insights on the aftermath of a founder's startup getting acquired. I can imagine it must have been a challenging yet rewarding journey for you. It's great to hear that you were able to use the time during the non-compete agreement to improve your product and are now launching Stabl AI. I also have a website https://keybolab.com/, and I'm impressed with the product and service you're offering. Providing SMEs with centralized systems to manage their businesses with an easy UI is definitely a valuable solution, and I believe many businesses will benefit from it. I completely agree with you that non-compete agreements are very important and must be considered carefully. I'm glad that you were able to navigate through it successfully and use the time to your advantage. I wish you all the best with the launch of Stabl AI and your future endeavors. Best regards,
Muhammad Ali
Congratulations! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ I just heard the fantastic news, and I couldn't be happier for you. Your hard work, dedication, and perseverance have paid off, and this achievement is truly well-deserved. i am also thinking to sell my startup !printeren.com