Landing page value proposition test

Mehmet Yitmen
10 replies
Which platforms (eg. google, facebook, etc) do you use to test a call to action on your landing page? Any experience sharing and tips will help a lot...appreciated!

Replies

Adrian Taropa
I think it depends on your LP. Is it for a product or service that is well known, so much so that users are searching for it? If so, then Google may be the solution: People using Google search usually already know what they are looking for. Are you selling something new? IE a new type of product or service that people wouldn't know to search for? Then, social media may be the answer to that one. Look at your target demographics and see what social media network they hang out on. Is it meant for professionals in a particular field? Do you want people thinking about work when they come across your page (Linkedin) or cat Memes (Facebook), or is it more visual (Instagram)? Is it a younger demographic (TikTok)
@adrian_taropa my natural target is on linkedin but they are really expensive...i may try spending a bit on instagram, which seems much cheaper, but not sure it may work or not...may be just need to try...thx
Diogo Quintas
When I have done landing page tests I mainly placed ads targeting keyword search. The reason being wanting to test it with people in market rather than with a specific audience. In general, when choosing the platform to place ads to drive traffic, I'd primarily consider what am i really testing: for example if I'm testing would the proposition resonate with a specific persona/audience vs resonate with people looking for X or people with a specific intent. If you are testing "does it resonate with an audience regardless of intent" I'd go for a platform like facebook (if targeting consumers) or linkedin (for B2B). If you are targeting intents I'd go for something like google search
@dquintas appreciated Diogo...i have a specific audience to try in my mind, and was thinking for linkedin actually...but it is expensive :/
Diogo Quintas
@mehmet_yitmen1 indeed - LinkedIn audience is an expensive audience but at least alllows you to target the right personas. Other platforms are more demographics based which makes it hard to target properly
Eden
usually twitter #buildinpublic hashtag!
Nishi Bhavsar
I am not sure about which tool to use for CTA but I know the best platform to make landing pages in minutes called "Pagemaker". They are launching tomorrow on Product Hunt. Go through the link below and click on notify me so that when it launches tomorrow you can know its insights. https://www.producthunt.com/prod...
Priyanka Gupta
hey Mehmet, If I am understanding your problem correctly, this can be solved with A/B testing with different CTA.