Is there a website/app where one can discuss early stage business ideas?

Julien Meyers
9 replies
Product Hunt is great. However what if you first want to get feedback on business projects? I mean before creating a landing page, let alone building an MVP. I am sure that there are many people out there with plenty of ideas who could benefit from such a platform to get the courage to finally execute their project. That is the reasoning behind: https://ideaness.org/ What do you think? Obviously I don't believe that keeping one's idea secret is helpful. This is also confirmed by the reddit community on r/entrepreneur: https://www.reddit.com/r/Entrepreneur/

Replies

Pedro De la nubeโœชย ๐Ÿงช
Great project, I'm already in it, it was something that hadn't been on the net for years or at least in this format, it had been relegated to smaller communities. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿš€
Leonid Mikhalev
Maybe, Im wrong, but I truly believe people donโ€™t like to discuss business ideas. They think other people will steal it, build and become millionaires. Even me, who realised 2 years ago that ideas are worth nothing without execution still frightened to share ideas sometimes. Its like a mind trap. I only discuss business ideas with my friends, who I know already building smth and have no time to steal and build something else ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ But at the same time, people discuss it on IndieHackers
Julien Meyers
I agree that some people (probably quite young) are afraid of their ideas being stolen. Luckily most of them know that it mostly depends on execution. Anyway one needs to get one's idea out there at some point to have it validated by potential users. People looking for pre validation on IndieHackers is a good example :)
Said Aitmbarek
many great channels for pre-validation, amongst them: - Reddit - Kern.al - Product Hunt
Julien Meyers
Never heard of kern.al before. Thanks for the info! Silly question: how do you pre validate your idea on Product Hunt?
Leonid Mikhalev
@julien_meyers maybe launch a teaser and see who applied?
Avishkar
Reddit has some other cool subreddits where you can
Boris N
Hi there, Spot on! Idea validation is the stepping stone to a successful business venture. Here's a strategy to make your idea robust: Begin with a deep understanding of your target market. Their needs, preferences, and behaviors are key to shaping a successful product. Then, focus on your competitors. Learn from their successes and failures to find opportunities your idea can leverage. Monitoring industry trends is also crucial, as they can signal potential changes in market dynamics. Lastly, always value