• Subscribe
  • Is the internet actually dead?

Rohan Singhvi
    10 replies
    Recently read the dead Internet theory conspiracy theory that asserts that the Internet now consists mainly of bot activity and automatically generated content, minimising organic human activity... What do you guys think? Is that actually true..and with AI tools coming more and more into picture, can this much more worse?

Replies

Tyler Loyd
    the internet is not dead. It remains very much active and integral to global communication, business, information sharing, and entertainment.
    Elena Tsemirava
    AI is indeed actively used, but to say that the Internet is dead, in my opinion, is too much. There is nothing to replace its information function at the moment.
    Rohan Singhvi
    @elenat Can AI at one point reach at the same 'par' of that information function do you think?
    Igor Lysenko
    I think we can actually expect generated content in the future and this is not very cool
    Jen Anderson
    I'm not clear on what this theory assumes the Internet is. The web? Social media? Email? The entire infrastructure? Does "dead" mean out of fashion? Useless for research?
    Rohan Singhvi
    @jen_from_accomplist 'dead' could mean what the original idea of the Internet was, that has minimised by bots and synthetic content being generated rapidly
    Jen Anderson
    @rohan_singhvi1 The original idea of the internet was to allow the US military to communicate via email even if someone nuked the middle of the country. (I'll just be over here feeling old.)
    Rohan Singhvi
    @jen_from_accomplist Haha just learnt a new fact today I guess! Let's not talk that old xD...more like the early 2000s
    Ryan Yu
    The Industrial Internet of Things is just the beginning.🪺
    Haider Ali
    While AI is widely utilized, declaring the Internet as obsolete seems excessive to me. Currently, there is no alternative that can match its information-sharing capabilities.