• Subscribe
  • Is the idea of a husband and wife working in the same office good or bad?

Salar Davari
    18 replies

Replies

My Gf and I moved to NYC to a 1 bedroom tiny apartment 2 months before Covid hit. Had to work from home for like a year… I still have the emotional (and physical) scars. 😂🚑… So to answer your question based on my situation, I take working on a dirty subway train.. than risking working in the same space as my GF. For reference she is the most amazing person in the world and love her. But dear god, don’t let technology fail her….
    Maria Anosova 🔥
    It's very individual - for some couples it's great, for others it will be unbearable.
    Alexander Galitsky
    Good for having occasional sex at work
    Daniel Burns
    My wife is actively participating by easing the workflow process amid teams. It's definitely helpful by a lot, so I can focus on different things.
    Anna Starodub
    Whether a husband and wife working together is good or bad depends on factors like job type, personalities, and relationship dynamics. Pros: -Stronger bond through shared experiences. -Easier scheduling for quality time. -Mutual professional and personal support. Cons: -Risk of work-life imbalance. -Potential conflicts at work. -Difficulty separating work and personal issues. Ultimately, decide based on your situation, communicate openly with your partner and employer, and set boundaries for a healthy balance. 😊
    If both are able to keep work and personal life well separate from each other by not mixing up things, then yes it might be a good idea. If they cannot do that, sooner or later work problems will start eating up their relationship. It all depends on the ability of each one to maintain a good balance.
    Sinan
    There is no problem until they remain good for the company and for themselves.
    Igor Lysenko
    There are couples who cannot work together but love each other. And of course there are those who love to work together.
    Zed Tarar
    This is easy--if by "same office" you mean physical space, then the answer is "good." One imagines sharing a life is much more involved than sharing a workspace. If by "same office" you mean the same employer, then the answer might be more complicated. If the employer is a large firm and the spouses are in different departments, the risk of being downsized and out of work simultaneously is lower. But, for example, if a pair of spouses are both in marketing at a midsize firm and both face layoffs simultaneously, a bad situation could be made worse by the lack of diversification in employers.
    angel william
    its a great idea for new couples
    Limar Bashar
    Divorce is a deeply personal and often emotionally charged process. When facing the challenging journey of ending a marriage, having a skilled and compassionate divorce attorney in Phoenix, Arizona to visit to the also https://www.lwazlaw.com/
    Louisa Lu (launching soon)
    If both of you work in startup and basically has no sense of day and night, working together is perfect, it's kinda of like going through military camp and suffer together. but if one party has very different life/work style than the other, It's a pretty bad idea. But normally if both are working in the same company and very close to each other, it is a overwhelming experience cuz eventually all u think about, even when you are havign dinner together, is just work
    Ashley
    well, for me it's not a good idea, that means we two r going to see each other 24 hrs per day! i need some personal space
    AmazingSylvia
    It up to what kind of couple they are. Some couples still need personal bubble when they are getting together. Some are not!
    Anar Hagverdiyev
    I agree with @maria_anosova. It's individual. For me, this option would not be suitable, I believe that in the same ecosystem (office) people get equally tired. Thus, in the evening there would be nothing to talk about.