Is privacy important to you?

Doğukan Tezcan
44 replies
What do you think about the importance of Privacy in recent years?

Replies

Zehra Yavuz
I think it may change depending on the situation. If it is about a person or a company, it is really important but if it is about an app or website, usage of my data may be even beneficial for me
Doğukan Tezcan
@zehra_yavuz I agree with the first part, but I think it would be better to evaluate the collection and benefit of the data as follows; If you allow your data to be collected, it is not a breach of security and privacy anyway, but if your data is being secretly taken from you without your consent and knowledge, it is a very serious problem indeed.
Ezgi Yeğinaltay
It is really important to me. I guess some companies handle the situation better than others as they don't really give importance to this topic.
Doğukan Tezcan
@ezgiyeginaltay Privacy is the most important human right of the 21st century. Every company should learn the value of privacy.
Maria
Due to digitalization, the importance of privacy is rising. I think that the majority of people do not have a sense of it. The borders are blurred and in the rush of time, people do not even think about the potential risks they are exposing themselves, their clients, and their companies reputation. This human factor is the first in the line of data leaks issues. Rising awareness of data security importance was driving us, at Sealit, to devote and provide a solution for this issue. ✨ I am so happy when I meet people and teams dedicating their knowledge to this field and security revolution 😊💪
Doğukan Tezcan
@maria_brm I am also very happy to see increased privacy awareness.
Igor Lysenko
It depends on what plan, if I am the Founder of the company, then I must be a public person, because I should be known and recognized. I warmly relate to people, and I want them to remember me like that.
Doğukan Tezcan
@ixord Privacy is keeping information confidential that you don't want to share. Therefore, it is not a privacy violation for a Founder to want to appear and share this information. It is a violation of privacy if information that anyone does not want to share with everyone - photos, home addresses, live locations, conversations, files - is accessible to anyone without permission.
Hashnimo
Of course, privacy is important to me.
Nihal Kothiyal
(to all who said yes) which search engine do you guys use?
Jordan Ellis
@nihalkothiyal I still use google 😬. Not good for privacy, but I've found other engines don't find as good of results for developer related searches.
Nihal Kothiyal
@realjordanellis I'm using startpage since last 2 years and it's been amazing. now i don't have any reason to switch back to Google. try it out..
Elizabeth Tishchenko
@nihalkothiyal @realjordanellis try https://www.phind.com/, haven't tested myself since I'm not a dev, but these guys built search engine specifically for engineers
Nihal Kothiyal
@elizabeth_tischencko I'm using startpage and i don't have any reason to shift to any other
Jordan Ellis
@nihalkothiyal @elizabeth_tischencko Thanks! I'll have to give each of those a spin for a week or two.
yash
One of the critical aspects of selling B2B products is ensuring customer trust, especially for a new market entrant like my Slack Plugin, Instant Meet (https://www.instantapp.tech/). Many companies have inquired about the data we collect, and I may need to remove certain features or prioritize privacy to establish trust and build credibility with potential customers.
Doğukan Tezcan
@yash_gandhi4 you definitely need to prioritize privacy
Julia
Researchers perceived that most (96%) people across generations, and more than 93% of Millennials, say they care about privacy. I care too.
Elizabeth Tishchenko
The truth is that no matter whom I've asked (business professionals), they all claim they care. Yet, the vast majority give consent and tick off all boxes when sighing up for apps & services without reading the terms & policies and willingly share as much of their data as they've been asked for. They sacrifice privacy in order to get benefits and make life easier. I did research since we considered privacy as one of the key aspects while building a startup but started questioning the matter by observing the market.
Doğukan Tezcan
@elizabeth_tischencko In order not to waste time, the privacy policies that we do not read and the privacy settings that come by default reach all our data without realizing it. As a company, we do not even use cookies on our website. We care about your privacy and we don't care who you are.
Arpan
Absolutely, no doubt about it!
Doğukan Tezcan
@arpan_011 what would you do for your privacy?
Felix
When it comes down to my private life: Definitely! I mean besides my partner and my family, noones knows I'm trying to build my own brand. Just love the concept of building in privacy!
André J
Launching soon!
We will find out 😬 New black mirror season out soon.
Richard Gao
Funnily enough, not really. I actually like it better when companies have targeted advertisements
Doğukan Tezcan
@richard_gao2 actually two different things: privacy and targeted advertising
Rishabh R
Yes. Personal life and Professional life should be kept different. I like my personal life to be kept private
JD
Yes, I think it's very important for me and my family to have control over our personal data and be able to decide who can access it. It’s also important for individuals to take steps to secure their own privacy, such as using encryption technologies when possible and avoiding sharing sensitive data over unsecured networks.
Doğukan Tezcan
@jd_manager An individual needs to understand the importance of privacy and act accordingly.
Kevin Rogers
Definitely, privacy is a top priority for me.